Can anyone help me with casting please?

christrom

Sr Member
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me?

I've reached the limit of my skills with resin casting and I wonder if there is someone out there who could help me? I'm wanting to cast 3 x heads for my ertl/amt AT-AT diorama. The ones I've tried so far have got air bubbles and other things wrong with them, and to be honest, I'm fed up of doing it and messing it up. I'd offer some type of payment if anyone had the skills to do it, and you are free to take castings for yourself.

Help me RPF... you're my only hope.

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me?

I've reached the limit of my skills with resin casting and I wonder if there is someone out there who could help me? I'm wanting to cast 3 x heads for my ertl/amt AT-AT diorama. The ones I've tried so far have got air bubbles and other things wrong with them, and to be honest, I'm fed up of doing it and messing it up. I'd offer some type of payment if anyone had the skills to do it, and you are free to take castings for yourself.

Help me RPF... you're my only hope.

Show a couple of photos and if they are not too complex and large I'll do it. All you have to pay for is the material. No charge for the work. I'll do it while casting the last parts of the 50" Refit, or the 350th TOS Enterprise. You pay the shipping and handling both ways.

That is very kind of you underdog. I've been looking into the problems I've been having casting this piece and I think my problem may have been with the silicone passing its shelf life, so I'm going to order some more in and give it one last go first. If that doesn't work I'll contact you. I appreciate your offer of help greatly :)

That is very kind of you underdog. I've been looking into the problems I've been having casting this piece and I think my problem may have been with the silicone passing its shelf life, so I'm going to order some more in and give it one last go first. If that doesn't work I'll contact you. I appreciate your offer of help greatly :)

No problem, glad to be of help, hope things work out for you.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back