Can anyone help identify this prop

Prop Store

Forum Sponsor
Hello all,

We here at Prop Store have a item in our warehouse that we are trying to identify. We thought we would open it up to all the talented people here on the RPF to see if we can identify it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off, this item is a "Futuristic Fishing Pole", now it might not be in fact a fishing pole prop, but has been nicknamed that due to it's appearance, as you can see in the images below. This piece comes to us from a well known prop maker who worked on such films as "Battle Beyond the Stars", "Masters of the Universe" and many other science fiction films spanning the 70's and the 80's.

Any helpful hints or information would be greatly appreciated!

Prop Store.

As you can see the main control box has a spin knob on the side like a fishing pole, and features a faux keypad on the top. There are three LED lights located on the top that are powered by a battery in the main housing, but is not functional.

And the main pole features a series of clear green acrylic discs. There is also fishing line coming from the main control box running through the discs to the tip of the pole.

When I get home from work tonight, I will ask my wife, she seems to have a photgraphic memory when it comes to TV & Movies :cheers

Not a whole lot of info given. Did this well known prop maker make this prop or jsut give it to you? He doesnt have any clue or hint from it? If he made it, why not post his name so we can see his list of film credits,...then it would be process of elimination.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back