Can Anyone Guess What I am Working On? Now LARGE Scale AT-ST build thread.

I modelled up some corners and printed them up. They just socket into thin walled 3/4” pvc. This was cheaper and provided a cleaner look than buying the standard fittings.
It is just mocked up right now before gluing.

Attachments

• 7E2A60E6-3567-4AED-97E2-4A4CE877BF5E.jpeg
    7E2A60E6-3567-4AED-97E2-4A4CE877BF5E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
This is rad! I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. I would love to do something like this if I only had the space.

All right I fabricated the last part this weekend. The side blasters are a combination of pvc, wood dowel, some printed parts and sintra. I tried to keep the weight down as much as possible but the ends cantilever out quite a bit. I’m hoping they don’t want to rotate once I plug this into the head.
If they do I have a fix in mind.
9BFE112F-9EA0-4604-A7D5-B5AA4FA7A0C5.jpeg
49529317-E941-4D41-B5F0-C323BA746D6B.jpeg

I’m pleased with how everything turned out and there was very few left turns along the way. I stripped in down today in about 30 minutes but that time will decrease once I have set it up a couple more times.

Once it was dismantled I took the opportunity to beef up the frame a bit and welded on some attachment points so I can tether this to the ground for any possible winds.

For those that followed this build, I ended up doing a dry run setup for Star Wars day and everything worked out great. I am able to set up or tear down in under an hour by myself.
IMG_3135.jpeg

I ended up in the local paper thanks to my neighbor.
IMG_6613.jpeg

But I am not totally done. I stripped everything back down and sprayed a coat of flat exterior latex paint and have started the weathering with my airbrush. It may look a bit heavy handed but due to the large scale and when it will be viewed (Halloween) it will be under artificial light at night and normal weathering gets lost.
IMG_3175.jpeg
IMG_3176.jpeg

I'm here back working on my little one, that will be getting smashed between logs, but stopped to eat, and see one of these pics here as a featured picture.
How awesome and what a huge, and literally, project.
1000013483.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back