Camouflage pattern armour good or bad idea?

Are you talking about custom armor or an existing style with this pattern? Personally, if you're going to go this route, it could be very cool, but I would go all out and come up with an original concept. Just my personal take on it. And I'm just throwing this out there, but you could either get a couple yards of the material or just go buy some shirts and make it the top coat of the armor, covered in clear epoxy resin. If you're interested, I think I have some links for the process (But I have to dig to find them, lol)...

and yea I know that the preds have a cloaking device, but it always seems to break down in all the books and movies so with that what opinions do you guys have?

That part cracked me the hell up. Isn't it the truth. They have all this cool ass technology and the ONE thing they need to hide always gives out. The maintenance guy holding that job DOES NOT get a Christmas bonus...

That part cracked me the hell up. Isn't it the truth. They have all this cool ass technology and the ONE thing they need to hide always gives out. The maintenance guy holding that job DOES NOT get a Christmas bonus...

It's probably a union job so maybe no to the christmas bonus but he has job security so that counts for something but as far as the digital pattern goes I have some material already, as for the armour itself it is uratz' design I was just going to glue it on and clear coat and paint on battle damage but I like the clear epoxy idea also.

Haha Brad, but *need* is the keyword, here. How many 'oomans' do they tear through before drawing a card that actually gives 'em a run for the money? Hunting people can't be THAT big of a challenge. At least the malfunctions even out the playing field, if only a little.

I say if anyone is in line for a Christmas bonus, it's the plumber's-crack predator who consistently fails at making the camo system resilient to environmental interference.

I was actually thinking of doing the same on one of my bios. I was going to try and do a Multi-cam version, but realized it was way too many colors than I wanted to deal with. I say go for it.

I was not going to paint it because yeah that is alot of colours and alot if work I have the material cadpat so I just have to glue or epoxy it onto the armor. Just goin to be kind of interesting how to put battle damage onto it

Wow, finally, someone with the same idea as me. This is really somethin else, annyways my next suit was gonna be a predator with digital camo painted armour and bio. Except my camo was gonna be a little bit darker or arctic camo.
i think this is a great idea.
start poasting pics of your progress as soon as you can, i cant wait to see this one!

and just to point it out i totally agree with what you guys were saying about the cloaking device giving out whenever they need it most lol.

Kinda like the idea... what if you did the same print, but instead of light, medium and dark greens, you did the same patterns using urban camo colors... dark grey or silver (replacing medium green), lighter grey or maybe even bronze (replacing light green), black replacing dark green and mix in some darker umber where the tan in the pattern is. You might be able to keep it looking still somewhat metallic by doing it that way.

I can try that, will have to cut out pieces of cardboard and practice stenciling rectangular shapes with my airbrush. I can also dirty up my digital pattern before epoxy see how that looks or after epoxy scuffing it on the ground to get some damage/dirt effect going and add some paint from there. Should I prime the pieces before hand even though I won't be or maybe not be adding paint directly to the armour?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back