Camberwick Green and Trumpton

You make me so so happy when I see your post
Absolutely phenomenal work
When your work brings a smile to my face and a flutter in my heart, bringing wonderful memories of my childhood back to my ageing and old body, I can only call you a genius.

Soppy I know but thank you so much
Keep em coming

It's very kind of you to say so. I will probably keep plugging away at these whenever I find a toy that got used or get the urge to scratchbuild one of these characters, which happens between bits of TVSF hardware!

Found another toy, the Coral toys police motorcycle. So, naturally I had to make the Chimney sweep, Roger Varley.
Varley1.jpg
Varley4.jpg
Varley3.jpg
Varley2.jpg
Varley5.jpg
Varley6.jpg

Oh yes...I remember that character as well. Mate! It's quite impossible to describe the feeling I have looking at your pics(y):cool::cool:
I'm transported, every time, in my childhood! Great work!

Taken me a long while but I finally managed to track down the toy they used to make the helicopter in Camberwick Green. Needed a scratchbuilt cab and a respray but then Mr. Dagenham was cleared for take-off. View attachment 1518368View attachment 1518369View attachment 1518370View attachment 1518371View attachment 1518372
what toys were used for the helicopter and farmer bell’s digger? a friend and I are working on a trumptonshire project and it would be a huge help

The digger was a Triang Tugster. The helicopter was described as a 'Helicopter with active pilot'. It was a tinplate toy that was hard to find. Good luck with the project!

The digger was a Triang Tugster. The helicopter was described as a 'Helicopter with active pilot'. It was a tinplate toy that was hard to find. Good luck with the project!
thank you!
i’ve also found what they used for farmer bell’s yellow tractor if you’d like to find one, it’s the ‘heavy duty tractor’ produced by tudor rose.

Oh, that's interesting. I see what you mean about the crates. The drivers of those toys are quite a bit smaller than the Camberwick Green figures, so a lot of that milk float would be possibly scratchbuilt. That was true of the helicopter, the cab is much larger than the cab on the toy, only the engine, tail and undercarriage are used. That would tie in your idea of the wheels being used on the milk float.

Oh, that's interesting. I see what you mean about the crates. The drivers of those toys are quite a bit smaller than the Camberwick Green figures, so a lot of that milk float would be possibly scratchbuilt. That was true of the helicopter, the cab is much larger than the cab on the toy, only the engine, tail and undercarriage are used. That would tie in your idea of the wheels being used on the milk float.
after this, i think the only camberwick vehicles we still haven’t figured out are the baker’s van, the army truck, the orange lorry and mr carraway’s car. not many to go!

The big orange truck was a commercially available toy. I have seen a military version on ebay once, it must've been a huge toy. The others are, as you say, a mystery, but you never know what may turn up!

The big orange truck was a commercially available toy. I have seen a military version on ebay once, it must've been a huge toy. The others are, as you say, a mystery, but you never know what may turn up!
i suppose! i also forgot to mention, i have a theory that mr carraway’s car and the telephone engineer’s van are made from the same toy. the general body shape is the same, both have an opening back door, and are roughly the same size (spare the roof)

It's very possible. Fun to make one when you find the right bits.
and now for something completely different (but sort of related)
i was looking at the bob bura collection a while ago and found this image.
the production it is from isn’t named, but the photo contains multiple camberwick green props, the trees, the postbox, and most notably mr dagenham’s car!
1EA3E078-745B-4794-B8F5-BCB3950FD4AA.jpeg

69C9EC62-FC09-4E29-ADD1-CA5EEC367257.jpeg

two productions are mentioned in the lot, ”tufty the squirrel” which seems unlikely, and “A. Smith’s animated pied piper” which i haven’t been able to find any information on.
you have any ideas what it could be?

I really haven't I'm afraid. Tufty the squirrel was something to do with road safety campaigns, could this be related to that, with it being a line of traffic?

I really haven't I'm afraid. Tufty the squirrel was something to do with road safety campaigns, could this be related to that, with it being a line of traffic?
maybe? the puppets look more humanoid than the tufty ones do, and i think it might actually be a sort of parade (the cart with the giraffe in it says what i can only assume to be “circus tonight” on the side, plus all the balloons)

True. Do we know that is Mr Dagenham's car. The Camberwick Green prop was a Sindy car with nothing really done to it (except possibly the folded down top painted black). This could be just another one of those toys.

True. Do we know that is Mr Dagenham's car. The Camberwick Green prop was a Sindy car with nothing really done to it (except possibly the folded down top painted black). This could be just another one of those toys.
well i could only really assume that it is dagenham’s, judging by the very camberwick-esque trees and postbox, and the presence of john hardwick in the back of the photo (who appears to have worked on both productions)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back