Calvin and Hobbes model kit for 3D print

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

janglesworthy

Hey guys, I'm working on a Calvin and Hobbes statue/model kit and I'm at the point where I'm thinking about how to break it up for keying. My plan is...

Head and hair 2 pieces
torso
pants
2 shoes separate pieces
2 arms with hands attached
base stand

If you were painting this and making it would that be an ideal list of parts for you?

here is a work in progress pic before I finish him up.
candH.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mechanized

Sr Member
I think that would be the easiest way to paint each price for sure.

I love Calvin and Hobbes. I’ll definitely be following this.

janglesworthy

I have a new workflow I'm trying to lessen reprints. When I feel I'm down to just detail sculpting I'm running test prints to see in real life how much detail I really need to add, edge thickness etc. So I did a little test print before I go in and sculpt out the hair and teeth.

This is fresh off the printer no clean up or sanding. Just kind of a validation print, no keys just one solid chunk.

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.