calling all bttf pitbull know it alls!!

who45

theres one thing i still have not been able to source or replicate on my board - and thats the towing leads section.

so any ideas as an alternative would be awesome, esp if it pulls and retracts

was thinking of a cylinder looking object that has a spring inside much like a dog leash - you know what i mean....... insert a rope into a cylindrical bar, clamp it so when it feels the slack it retracts, and the reverse when its pulled:

heres the item im seeking to replicate - the three bars with the ropes:

now seeing as it uses seat belts on the board for the strap i was wondering if it was a seat belt roller of some sort? but it looks too small for that

pitbull-hoverboard.jpg

Last edited:
i cant remember - probably not so the rope pull scenes were prob seperate from the board scenes - was thinking i could maybe retract them and have them self return around a spool. ill settle for decorative but i was pushy the boundry a little ;)

the pic i have of a screen used board had different thickness ropes to the pic above - so obviously different shots when they lock on to the pitbull and they wrap there bands around the wrist - propably pulling ropes off a winch to achieve the effect for the actors shot

Too small for seat belt retractors.

Do we ever really see them retract in the movie?

No. Griff's gang is still attached when they crash into the glass. The next time the board is shown is in the hands of the little girl that Marty took the hover board from. The straps have already been removed.

might work but how about the mechanism from a tape measure

ill certainly look into that one

you could probably use retractable keyrings for the effect the sell em in the £1 shop here in the uk ideal size too

thats something else i did think about

help appreciated chaps

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back