Caliburn - Fate/Stay Night

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sidheman

So a friend of mine wanted me to make Caliburn - or at least the base sword itself. She was willing to do the detailing and paint, but had no idea how to make the rest. Here's my shot!

Went through two junks:

One too thick, causing too many problems with my weak, cheap tools, the other I used my new spoke shave a little too much (one side great, other too flat with nowhere left to remove). Finally the third attempt worked:

I cut the handle out of two pieces, and used a chisel to cut the spot the blade would go in:

Titebond 3 is my new best friend! Set quick, and holds like a dream. Anyway, took the spoke shave to the handle:

...drilled a hole for the tang insert....

...which scared the hell out of me, but I made it. Also drilled into a dowel I had thinned to rough shape, and glued it all:

Grabbed a wooden washer and a doll head (seriously) from Michaels, then glued it all and cleaned it up:

I smoothed it with spackle and wood putty, and a whole lot of sanding. This was fun, but my part was done. Next three are hers. Hope you like!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.