Calculator bubbles - not Exactra - 6 digit American 1776

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Exactra 19 calculator is a 6 digit calculator with seven bubbles. I'm pretty sure all those 9 bubble strips are for 8 digit calculators, leaving a place for a minus sign. I searched 6 digit calculators wondering if there were any strange or rare calculators we'd missed on an off chance.

I found the "American 1776" calculator, notably six digits. I soon found out, not only is it a crap calculator with no battery compartment, hot glue in the seams and not only does it only have six bubbles (I liked this. A similar size to the exactra strips with one less bubble? Near hit!) but that there wasn't a strip.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I held the two chunks up to a blast tech Vader strip for a size comparison. I'm keeping them, they're cool. But not..not what I expected. FYI!

Thanks - Yea that sovereign is a neat one too. It looks like it has a similar display. They are basically bricks, two blocks that include the lens and the LED in one and are placed right net to each other (At least 1/8" or more thick)

I almost bought one of those 1776's! I found a spec heavy calculator collector's website (nothing for sale dammit!) but he had that 1776 listed and listed as a 6 digit. He had some cutaway images too and I could have sworn that the 6 digit 1776 calculator STILL had 9 bubbles. Now I know for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

The same site said that the Exactra 19 & 20 had European counterparts called the TI-1900 and TI-2000, IIRC.

I have since sold these bubbles. What I failed to show - these bubbles were rectangular "blocks" with leads coming out of the bottom. The acrylic/lens/diode were all one piece, and thick, which was why I could lay them on their side next to my vader saber. So, not really useable with a graflex clamp :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back