Cabin In the Woods

I know nothing of this movie but from the trailer it looks like they are doing something with The Evil Dead cabin?

Kind of, but seems to me to be a situation where some evil government agency or corporation is testing some paranoia gas or bio weapons on some random people.

From what I read about this like a year ago, I just had the impression that it was some typical group of people in a cabin attacked by something evil movie. After seeing the trailer, I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm jazzed to see this movie.

Yeah it has my interest too, I figured it was going to be another insane inbred redneck killer. Looks like something out of Resident Evil.

IMO the trailer already gives away way too much.

I like the twist on the usual predicaments, but I really don´t want to see a scene that can only be from the later part of a movie. I will watch it, but now that I "think" I know what is going on, my mind´s kind of "pre-blown" when the movie probably is mind-blowing...

It may not even be a twist. For all we know they could tell us that simulation/force field crap within the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Maybe them giving so much away is a setup for something nobody is going to expect? Sort of take you off on a false lead and then whack you with a surprise.

How has he failed in your eyes when all you have to base this on is a trailer?

because the point of a trailer is to interest/excite you enough to go to see the film. it therefore should show (arguably) some of the best stuff in order to tempt you. and if that's the case here....
aside from that, Firefly was about as good as JW got. Buffy dragged on far too long simply because of fan interest and cash income otherwise it would have been binned much earlier. Dollhouse was pure awfulness.

Looks kinda cool. Hopefully Avengers will bomb, and Whedon will quit it with all the superhero crap and do more original stuff like this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back