Cabin in the Woods Props

HandSolo

Just Saw Cabin in the Woods and loved it (will be discussing more in appropriate forum).
As soon as I saw the Coffee cup/ Collapsible bong I knew I had to have it. It had all the criteria of a good prop replica: Looked cool and had a cool function. Furthermore, it was even used in the action! Perfect trifecta.

Does anyone know if this was a found object or created for the show? I want to say created, but I seem to remember seeing something similar some where. If anyone can help out I'd be greatful.

Was there any other props from the show that stick out? (Wolf Head from makeout scene would be good too).

Sorry for double posts but I did find thist today: Fran Kranz talks Cabin in the Woods and $5000 bongs with Chris Barrett - YouTube

Its an interview with Fran Kranz where he talks about (among other things) the bong. It was apparently a working (water proof) bong/coffee mug that they spent $5000 dollars on to get right. His stunt version was made of foam.

Other Items of interest:
Cellar Items: Puzzle Cuber...er sphere, Ballerina box, Conch Shell, fortune teller machine, Necklace, Diary, etc.

Conch is a no brainer, and I think ballerina was a found item, but identifying the exact one will be hard.

Anyone have any interest or other info?

According to the director, they made some promotional "coffee mugs", but Legal wouldn't let them be given away. As soon as I saw it appeared functional, I knew someone on the RPF would be all over it.

As for some of the other items of interest:
the puzzle reminded me of "the Orb" puzzle from the 80s.

The wall painting in the cabin would be interesting.

Side note, I heard the cabin is a re-creation of one used in a movie(s) they pay homage to.

Last edited:
Yeah the puzzle would be pretty cool to own, maybe once the movies been out a while the company that did the fx will post some good info.

There's a behind the scenes book being released tomorrow. It should have decent pictures.
Link

I'm getting a copy of it, I need to dig deeper into this movie.

Also someone needs to make and sell the "multifunction travel mug", I'll buy two. One for the shelf and one for... defending myself from zombies.

Yeah, that sounds better than making the Speed Racer movie the greatest thing ever.

Hopefully that will be in the visual companion out tomorrow. I plan on buying one of those myself. This movie is rife with prop possibilities...

I hope we get some good info on the sphere puzzle, looked like a pretty cool prop! Love to get my hands on the white masks as well worn by the stranger people.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back