C3PO Error Card Score

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice!

I saw they are making large versions of the old cards for SDCC... THAT one shoulda been on the list

sskunky

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have one of these. I have the full sets of the ANH, ESB and ROTJ CARDS AND STICKERS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ktflory

I have both versions. If legends to be believed. IIRC the corrected version is less plentiful, therefore...rarer????
That is possible, but quantity comes second to desirability. Just because there are fewer corrected versions doesn't mean as many people want that version. Collecting is a volatile hobby sometimes.

sskunky

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Apparently the story goes it was put out by a disgruntled employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andymac84

Sr Member
Indeed :lol that's actual an error. I was so fixed about the card and its shape. I totally forgot to watch the motif itself.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
funny I've never heard of this until now, can't believe they didn't catch that the first time lol

mugatu

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had always read that it was an early hatchet job attempt at "photoshopping" with cutout photos, to give Goldenrod his golden rod. I found that hard to believe at the time.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have both versions. If legends to be believed. IIRC the corrected version is less plentiful, therefore...rarer????
That's what I've read as well.

There is no "error". An error card would have a misprint of some kind. This was looked into a while back (I think in a Sansweet article in the official magazine) and someone at LFL confirmed the aberration is on THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVE of the set photo. It was not retouched. The "corrected" card is the retouched one.

Remember the costume's "shorts" are of a flexible material. It had probably split along the side and part of it, freed from tension, sprung forward.

Edwardowan

Sr Member
It's simply a piece of the costume coming away. Here's a different pic showing the same thing...View attachment 500087
correct. the old story of a ticked off employee retouching the negative was debunked. the photo you show here is a set of many from different angles showing the damage and it was just an optical (if not imaginative) illusion of it being something it was not. I have two of those cards and like stated below, because of the controversy the card was reissued retouched so as not to alarm anyone. the "fixed" one is the rare card as the so called X rated card went out by the thousands long before anyone made note of it.