C3PO advice appreciated..

spacebob

Sr Member
Hi everybody,
I am in the first part of scratch building a 1:1 threepio body but am finding it harder than my normal droid builds here..... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=207723

Its all the curves that are giving me probs and have seen a statue kit currently for sale on ebay for £800 and wondered if any one has experience with it, or just opinions on it in general.
I know I cant copy and paste in live auctions but, its listed as

"life size C3PO replica prop statue project"

Cheers guys Spacebob :)

Awesome droids! How did I miss that thread!? That 3PO looks pretty legit on eBay. I'm still building mine now, waiting til we move to chrome him. I'd hate for the chrome to get jacked up in move. Do you think you'd put a voice box in yours?

Thanks warrenhouck , I probably wont be putting a voicebox in mine when i get round to it
do you mind me asking how much your 3PO cost so I can get some ideas for alternative price options, feel free to post pics of yours on here as well I would like to compare as much as possible to the one being offered on the bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @warrenhouck , I probably wont be putting a voicebox in mine when i get round to it
do you mind me asking how much your 3PO cost so I can get some ideas for alternative price options, feel free to post pics of yours on here as well I would like to compare as much as possible to the one being offered on the bay.

Here's where I'm at with mine. I'm not sure the price, I traded my 89 Keaton Batsuit for the 3PO kit straight up. But I valued my batsuit about the same price as the eBay kit so that's probably a decent deal

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_133933.jpg
    IMG_20140921_133933.jpg
    952.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20140921_144014 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140921_144014 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20141025_203551.jpg
    IMG_20141025_203551.jpg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow
that one does look spot on to my eyes, that's a great cast :)
I think that's a bit better than the one for sale.
I may just buy a few pieces from him and keep scratch building.
Or make a 4-lom.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back