Bwize's DeAgostini Falcon build

bwize

Sr Member
*** I moved this to the top of the post as I am sure alot of you guys are tired of scrolling through those old photobucket broken links**

Hello, I know it's been awhile since an update, but life has thrown me some curve balls and I am just now getting back back into it. So here's a small update.

I have added all the underside landing lights plates in favor of the 5 footer and holes drilled out for the lights. I have also been adding bits and pieces to mimic the details on the 5 footer.

View attachment 802239

View attachment 802240

I also chiseled off the t-track and most of the details on the loading ramp docking arm and replaced it with details more suited towards to the 5 footer.

View attachment 802241

Last edited:
Thank you, i really appreciate that. Yours and all the other falcon builds on here got me inspired to subscribe to this and so far I am having a blast.

Been awhile since an update, but here I go. I sanded off all the paneling from the front landing gear boxes as I wanted them to look more like the ones placed on the 5 footer. I also redid the paneling overlapping the access pits, again to look more like the 5 footer. I also added some bits and plating to the tops to be more detailed like the 5 footer.

The jaw box details have been re-done in the 5 footer as well. I removed the soft details and replaced them with parts scaled down from those used on the 5 footer.

20160929_224406.jpg

20160929_224144.jpg

I also, have sanded down the paneling on the docking arm opposite the entry ramp one and rebuilt the sealab parts and replaced the t-track. I also replaced T-track and sealab parts on the entry ramp docking arm.

20160929_224239.jpg

I dremmeled the edges of the blast marks like lrdstyr did and am pretty happy with the outcome. You can also see that I cut out the spacing on the edges between the plating.

20160929_224312.jpg

Here is my topside turret. I used the 5footer parts map to locate the scaled down kits and have been able to replicate many of the details. Not going for a straight copy of the 5 footer, just more detailed like it.

20160822_210341.jpg

I have re-done the detail on the front edge of the bottom jaw box. I preferred the look of the 5 footer here as well. You can also see that I thinned down the leading front edge of the plating overhang as it was just too thick. I think it looks much better.

20160929_224337.jpg

Now on to the entry ramp. I cut out the frame pieces the motor rests on to open the area up for a more accurate entry. I found a small brass hinge at hobby lobby that works out great as a replacement hinge. I cut out a custom piece of tiny corrugated sheet to place on the ramp for a more realistic appearance. It also hides the hinge for the most part. Seeing as the ramp cannot accurately meet the interior hallway level, I plan to build the inner side walls and a closed door. The light will still be used.

20160929_224946.jpg

Last edited:
Wow bwize - this looks great! Going to keep track of this build for when I finally break out my DeAgostini boxes and start this baby.

Thank you kind sir. This model has been such a blast to build so far and there is so much inspiration on this board. I know you're gonna love it too once you get started on yours.

Some reference pics if you need them. Will keep an eye out on your build, I'm thinking on doing this as well not sure yet.

falcon-061.jpg KDHdFsU-891x1024.jpg cACO3av-768x1024.jpg

All those plant on and scratch built parts are looking great! I dig the idea of doing 5' upgrades as well, looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I was able to track down one of the original Matilda Mk2 kits on ebay, cant wait to get it, looking forward to upgrading some of those parts on the back engine area that are kinda soft on the DeAgo casts. Thanks again for helping me clear up which kit that was. I found a lot of the parts on the MK3 but they are just a little different and enough to make me not want to use them.

Thanks Ktaylor. Though honestly I'm not sure what I did to assist you on the matilda, but your welcome just the same. I love the level of detail of the 5 footer and just wanted to super detail this beauty.

I have been sidetracked by another star wars project and actually haven't applied any new parts from the last 2 month's shipments. I know , shame on me, "Stay on target".......I hope to have updates soon.

I thought it was you who told me I had the Mk3 instead of the MK2 but might have been someone else. Have to go look through the thread, might have been Tox now that I think about it, finally tracked that mk2 down on EBay btw!!

Good thx. I'll have some pics to post soon. I bought some 1:72 8rads, 1/20 P34s and some 1:76 Panthers to give her some more 5 footer goodness. I work methodically slow, so please forgive me for the lack of updates.

Which 72nd scale 8 Rad did you get, I have been scratch building that chassis box that is used all over the place. Was wondering what the 1/72 pieces looked like.

Hi ktaylor, sorry for the late reply. The kit is from Dragon see below
20170301_192839.jpg

Here is the part in question
20170301_193059.jpg

And here on parts used on the falcon
20170301_192914.jpg
20170301_192948.jpg

I think the chassis looks great and I'm going to also use it on the insides of the mandibles.

Your welcome. Your pit looks great. I'm going for kind of a blend of the "32 and 5 footer for my pits, mandibles and jaw boxes interiors.

Hello, I know it's been awhile since an update, but life has thrown me some curve balls and I am just now getting back back into it. So here's a small update.

I have added all the underside landing lights plates in favor of the 5 footer and holes drilled out for the lights. I have also been adding bits and pieces to mimic the details on the 5 footer.

20180304_134613.jpg

20180304_202728.jpg

I also chiseled off the t-track and most of the details on the loading ramp docking arm and replaced it with details more suited towards to the 5 footer.

20180304_134752.jpg

Another glorious update.

I have finished, for the most part, adding bits and bobs on the lower hull to better match the super detailed 5 footer. I also added a few details on the edges of the forward landing gear bays as homage to the full size falcon. I had a few more but it was just too busy and so little of the hull details on the full size falcon are available so I scaled it back a little.

20180420_001155.jpg20180420_001231.jpg

Here is the port side rear upper maint. bay that I have completely re-worked to better match the 5 footer and used the 1/72 8Rad parts along with some parts from the Bandai /148 Panther G, 1/72 Elefant and a couple of other I can't remember right now. I still have a few custom pieces to add then on to the pipes.

20180420_001420.jpg

I also added some extra details to one of the lower forward bays and redid the pipes. I also wanted some kind of girder/beam like on the other side or the 5 footer so I made one from 2 pieces from a 1/72 tank kit.

20180420_001613.jpg

Next up is the forward upper panels and in-progress jaw box. I sanded off the forward panels and cut out and glued down new ones as the overhang was awful! I have yet to add the bits and bobs and pipes yet. For the jaw box, I removed all the upper details then had to put down a new layer on top and then added the panels, t-track and as much detail like the 5 footer as possible. I still have a couple of donor kits to buy for added detail.

20180420_001753.jpg20180420_001838.jpg

I have also took the dremmel and attempted to re-do the blast holes, but they are still a work in progress.

20180420_002007.jpg

Here is my re-worked upper gun turret disk. I used Fett_Ish's shapeways parts along with my own parts but I have not primed the parts yet so their details are not showing well yet.

20180420_002326.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back