Buzz Lightyear Pepakura

SimonKitt

Hey there everyone.
Long term follower of the forum but finally decided to get involved and register.

I'm looking at making my first big cosplay project Buzz Lightyear. Ideally looking at building a Pepakura model and doing a carbon fibre wrap over it.
I've scoured most of the forum threads on Buzz builds (of which there are some fantastic ones) and I've downloaded the files from Elsocraft's Blogspot.
This will be the first time I've worked with Pep so I have a few questions that hopefully someone might be able to help me with.

Firstly I can only print max A4 and have my wife's RoboCraft Machine for the cutting (read a bit about it and it looks like it'll save a lot of hours and sore fingers).

Is a costume of this size possible on A4 sheets?

Secondly I'm trying to figure out scaling and printing.

Is Elsocraft's Pep file suitable for scaling up for adult size and if so any pointers on how to do it.

I'm going to engorge myself on the information available here but any tips and help would be massively welcomed.

Once I'm up and running with the project I'll post my updates.

Thanks in advance again.

Simon

I freehanded most of mine. I used the feet and legs mostly. Deodorant tops for the buttons are perfect.

11057837_10153210775983575_8644185054851373762_n.jpg

Love it!
I've managed to find the pepakura files so I'm going to start the slow build whilst I work on my short term project.
Think I've got a lot of long nights and cursing ahead of me though. The end result should be worth it though. When it begins I'll start filling this thread with the WIP pictures

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back