Buying the stainless gullwinged car!

Mega Gigan

(that's wild. It's like I posted but didn't. If this is a double post, mods please delete?)

Hey everyone. I think I might have hit the deepend of prop replication. This baby might be in my future (if the bank approves the loan...)

IM000164.jpg

IM000160.jpg

IM000156.jpg

I know I'm happy as hell. I'll let you guys know if it comes and visits me permanetly.

EDIT: Reworked image tags... Darryl

Thanks Darryl... as you can tell I'm not too webboard savvy. :confused

I hope it comes through for you.

You will need to get it really working to beat the Traffic where you are at. ;)

Thanks everyone. I just got a call from my bank and I have been approved. Now the bidding war between the owner and I will commence.

Cooool - where in VA do you live? Lotta people in the MD/VA/PA area.
Oh - and there's a fella in OK that you should talk to about time machines ;)

Good luck man...hope to welcome you to the club...I've had mine for over 3 years now. The bank had no problem financing mine because it appraised WAY higher than I borrowed...
now for question are ya gonna destroy it like some of the rest of us?
I haven't bolted anything on...YET but there is a larger quanity of parts in my garage ;)
mike

Looks in good condition. Wht mechanical things have or need to be done? Let me know if you need any newby DeLorean owner advice. I went through the whole deal but I love my car..

just out of interest, as you don't see many of them in the uk. How much (in good condition) would one of these set you back?

Dan.

I'm curious, is there anyway to attach the Time Machine Delorean Parts with High-powered Magnets?

That might be a better alternative than damaging an original Delorean. :D

Originally posted by howlingwind13@Apr 7 2006, 01:50 PM
Good luck man...hope to welcome you to the club...I've had mine for over 3 years now.  The bank had no problem financing mine because it appraised WAY higher than I borrowed...
now for question are ya gonna destroy it like some of the rest of us? 
I haven't bolted anything on...YET but there is a larger quanity of parts in my garage ;)
mike
[snapback]1222094[/snapback]​

Originally posted by propsculptor@Apr 7 2006, 10:37 PM
I'm curious, is there anyway to attach the Time Machine Delorean Parts with High-powered Magnets?

This is my friends car;

http://homepage.mac.com/protonmonkey/PhotoAlbum17.html

Not totally accurate, but everything can removed without leaving a single mark on the car.

To the original poster, if you must butcher this car, at least do it properly. I do a lot of the press stuff for the DeLorean OC in the UK and the car deserves a better reputation than "lol time machine". if you want to restore it to it's original (dubious) glory, then more power to you.

I don't think I'll be ripping this car apart just yet. It'll last me a few years before I do that. But in the meantime, I might be collecting time travel parts... you know, just in case :lol

This car is in great condition. I saw it first hand and I'm hoping that the seller with sell it for $24,000. At least that's what I offered to him, and that's what he was asking around. So hopefully that'll pull through.

I don't think there is anything that I need to know about the Delorean except I know the door struts will be replaced a few times :)

Good luck on the car. I have worked on several of these in the past (former life as a grease monkey) and found that they are interesting, to say the least.

If you get a chance, ask the owner if he occasionally drops by crossroads cycle in Baileys Crossroads. I spend a decent amount of time hanging out at the shop, and there is a guy that stops by from time to time with a Delorean. There really aren't that many in the area (I see the Fairfax County sticker on the windshied), so I am curious to see if it is the same car.

-Brent

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back