buyfullbodyarmor.com is joke stay away

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by jayhughes, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jayhughes

jayhughes New Member

Hello has anyone else had dealings with these.

I advise stay away they took £1700 of my money for a ironman suit that does not fit and has a crappy finish plus the electronics don't work.

Turned up started having the problems and they in the beginning were helpful. Refunded a bit of money. But when I wanted to get it up to scratch they have ignored me now.

I sent them video evidence of the suit doing silly things when buttons were pressed..bad paint job.

I have emails from them saying look to be honest ours suits are not perfect.

Where before I purchased it i was assured all these issues would be fine.

I emailed them from a different address posing as a new customer and they replied.

Complete dicks

tdm10 and ironbat like this.
  2. TheDosher

TheDosher New Member

Can you show us suit you bought?

hal9000a and The JIX like this.
  3. snake130

snake130 New Member

Hi, I also let me carried away and buy a suit Ironman these people. Things like that as I received the suit smelled very painting is that when packing armor were in a hurry and did not wait for the paint to dry. When removing parts, namely the right arm had stuck to the inner lining of the box, so the paint came off. I did very very fair. The truth is not as well finished as one would think. I feel engañado.No what I expected. Another thing, it is very difficult to put the armor. Need help someone forever. You will depend so someone else whenever you want to wear your armadura.Ya I have taken off two things and I've had to paste. I must also change two racks ... anyway ... They have cheated me ..

4. tdm10

tdm10 New Member

Complete fraud. Paid for a War Machine suit over two months ago and still haven't recieved anything. I will be pursuing a fraud case against them.

5. CPTRogers

CPTRogers Well-Known Member

This has to be a bogus thread. 3 new people with 1 message a piece. Really?

6. Kailon

Kailon New Member

Well you never know, when it comes to where to go to get questions about props answered, the RPF is the number one spot. It could be possible, but would have to be very coincidental.

I'm interested in seeing the pictures of the damages from all 3 people.

7. tdm10

tdm10 New Member

I'd love to show you my War Machine suit but I've never received it. Yea, that's $6500 that I'm suing for in the coming days unless it miraculously shows up in the next 10 days....

8. Bright

Bright New Member

I've heard bad things somewhere about them before, but i've also recently met a customer of theirs at a con that has had multiple purchases from them and has been extreemly satisfied with their service. Getting alot of mixed messages..

9. Orignl

Orignl New Member

Can you post pictures of your suit please?

10. medic2410p

medic2410p Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am interested in the pics as well.

11. Ikras

Ikras Active Member

No one ever seems to actually provide any pics one way or another to back up their claims from what I've seen.

Plenty of words back and forth and people saying they're received things that were great or were useless but then never anything more. It's just confusing as surely the pictures are the biggest actual comparison point and evidence, yet none ever appear.

At this point, despite no personal interest in buying a suit, I'd be interested to see some of these phantom pictures just out of plain curiosity but I get the feeling it's highly unlikely.

12. rockeagle2001

rockeagle2001 Well-Known Member

We need to see pics people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HyruleInfantry, JPH and Murdoch like this.
  13. RowBoatCop

RowBoatCop Member

I'd like to see pics, three low post count users with very similar syntax, not calling anyone out but it'd be helpful to show what some are accusing this crowd of

HyruleInfantry and swfan67 like this.
  14. Orignl

Orignl New Member

Hi Jay,

Pictures of your suit would be nice, even the video you sent back to them showing your issues. Which suit did you buy? What add on did you order with suit?

Replicant X likes this.
  15. Warmachine2000

Warmachine2000 Active Member

Doesnt seem like anyone will ever actually post photos on these suits

Replicant X likes this.
  16. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

17. ChristianE

ChristianE New Member

Hi Guys,

I am am still waiting for my suit (Mark 43), and I promise I will upload photos once I receive it, which I have been told will be before Halloween. I'll also leave a detailed review too, as I know what it's like trying to get any info from anyone that's bought a suit from buyfullbodyarmors.

regards,

Christian.

18. Warmachine2000

Warmachine2000 Active Member

Cant wait, did you get any add ons? I'm curious how well their electronics hold up

19. ChristianE

ChristianE New Member

Yes, almost all add ons except for the CO2, couldn't resist. So both forearm missiles, motorized faceplate, advanced arc reactor and hand repulsars, back wing flaps and voice changer.

Replicant X likes this.
  20. Orignl

Orignl New Member

Latest update! Looks just about complete. I have asked to display my name next to order to confirm it is my suit which they have done
    status_report_20151026_5.jpg

21. BeatboxerBBG

BeatboxerBBG New Member

Well,
    I have bought a suit from them allmost a year ago. I have to say it was very difficult to put the suit on...

Also the glue used was not very good... while playing a lot of parts came lose.
    After 5 or 6 times wearing, some of the mayor parts are damaged too hard for further use...

BUT: I think this may have been caused because i got a little fatter :D
    Also, i liked the electronics!, Specialy the opening of the faceplate... Kids really like it.

I'm planning on keeping this suit as a stand for my living. And i would like to buy the new suit (with the strong material)
    I got a 5 % discount for my second suit;.. not much, but the mind is too weak.

Overall I can't say this is a scam or a fraud... BUT i hope my second suit is gonna work and shine for a longer period!

Greetings
    Guy Van Hasselt
    G-Nius Entertainment (Belgium)
    www.g-nius.eu

Pictures of my suit:
    1529775_1592124107743444_430861131077651373_o.jpg 10423629_1592397037716151_3640407768276246947_n.jpg 11377111_1592348607720994_1073894472674931587_n.jpg 11426737_1597116917244163_5618712601541512733_n.jpg

Orignl and RetailFox like this.
  22. Orignl

Orignl New Member

Thank you for posting your review and pics.

23. haljordan

haljordan New Member

If it was a year ago, I'd hazard to guess it was a foam suit - and they never last long. Goodness knows, the one I made last year lasted one wearing and by the end of the day, it looked much the worse for wear.

One of the reasons I'm keen on seeing their newer work is that it seems they use a completely different build technique and fibreglass for their suits now. I'm very curious to see how these changes stack up.

24. BeatboxerBBG

BeatboxerBBG New Member

indeed, it was foam. Also the glue was not very good, i had to re-glue a lot of parts.

Last week i ordered the new one! Which will be made in an other material. Lets pray it gets here fast and it will be working great!

25. Tony Stark III

Tony Stark III Well-Known Member

i gotta say, after all the hype and nightmares ive seen, to finally see these pics, that alone is a let down. Why waste your time short cutting to get this result. I pieced my whole suit together over a year and have no issues, and have the ability to do upgrades here and there if I dont like something.

26. Tony Stark III

Tony Stark III Well-Known Member

seems like the best thing going for these suits is the paint job.... basically a polished *....

27. haljordan

haljordan New Member

Considering we've yet to see the final product, including how well it fits together and moves ... as well as how the electronics check out ... your conclusions seem a tad premature.

Personally, I'll wait until the evidence is in before I make a judgement.

Orignl and HyruleInfantry like this.
  28. Orignl

Orignl New Member

Hi Guys,

Just received the suit, definitely worth the wait!!! The suit looks great, it is a bit challenging to get into, 2nd helper is a must! Finish quality is good, haven't tried electronics yet as batteries have not arrived. Movability is restricted, however managable. I will post a more detailed review once I do another full suit up with electronics connected
    20151123_104101_resized.jpg 20151123_104215_resized.jpg 20151123_113743_resized.jpg helmet.jpg

29. STEALTH

STEALTH Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You suit doesn't look like the foam suit everyone else got in the past . Are they using a new material? Actually looks pretty nice.

Maybe they started to do injection molded with all their suits.

30. haljordan

haljordan New Member

FBA went from foam to fibreglass (mostly) in their new builds. The other FBA thread has video of someone looking at the suit they got.

31. Domonator

Domonator Active Member

not fraud just false advertising.

32. JPH

JPH Sr Member

Orignl,

Did you see the crack in the deltoid piece you posted? fullbodyCrackcircled.jpg

33. Orignl

Orignl New Member

I did and a new one has been shipped, damaged in transit

34. Orignl

Orignl New Member