Bunker Bomb from Real Part Question

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heyas,
Has anyone made a bunker bomb from the drill part yet? If you have did you cut it down? Seems to me the real part had to be cut to take off the mount posts that stick out. Thoughts?

i don’t know if it was on YouTube or Scott’s Patreon, but Roy’s mold is nearly identical it’s scary.

A lot of the guys with the real housing are putting it on display besides Roy’s replica because it’s that identical

But like you have send you do have to cut it down to size

That question was for the board.
1B67A5AB-C56F-475E-8D0F-F8CD40FDE9A8.gif

But I certainly appreciate your responses..and Bill Murray. Always appreciate Bill Murray.
Bless you, all joking aside, there is probably less then a dozen out there. I don’t own one but I know a handful or more that do. No one I know have cut theirs down

But we have seen them side by side Roy’s and it’s practically identical, if I wanted to cut one down I wouldn’t hesitate using Roy’s as a source of measurement on how long to cut

Cam be the first one to do it! ;)

I will measure twice and cut once...or is it cut twice?
It’s cut twice, well it is for me because I end up having to buy another part.

I have one coming in the mail as we speak. I might if I get all the parts I might make a complete vintage bunker and cut it down.

By the way does anyone know what the bottom skirt looking ring is?
I’ve heard it’s out of production, It would be nice to put our heads together and figure out what it is. To me it almost looks like the end of a hair dryer or something. It’s a cone shape with what looks like vent holes.

Last edited:
I don’t think there are very many out there. I own one, no plans to cut it down. In addition to Roy’s being spot on, there is a 3D file by FolkyPatrol on Etsy which is very close as well. I have one of his printed out. Happy enough with that to just display my real part next to it.

I’m surprised someone hasn’t already recast the part and started selling it.. I’m sure it will happen sooner or later.

It’s cut twice, well it is for me because I end up having to buy another part.

I have one coming in the mail as we speak. I might if I get all the parts make a complete vintage bunker and cut it down.

By the way does anyone know what the bottom skirt looking ring is?
I’ve heard it’s out of production, It would be nice to put our heads together and figure out what it is. To me it almost looks like the end of a hair dryer or something. It’s a cone shape with what looks like vent holes.
I read that it may be a light bezel for a ceiling light? I think that was on the POSW site.

The bottom of the Kango motor casing seems to have the bottom lip cut off where the the protruding screw legs are on the prop. There’s a nice recessed cut around the bottom towards the end of the casing. I’m betting they cut that end right off.

Attachments

• 29BFFF40-A8FE-498F-A346-FC4C66959011.jpeg
    29BFFF40-A8FE-498F-A346-FC4C66959011.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
The bottom of the Kango motor casing seems to have the bottom lip cut off where the the protruding screw legs are. There’s a nice recessed cut around the bottom towards the end of the casing. I’m betting they cut that end right off.
That was my thinking as well. It seems to align with the total prop height minus the small recess that can be seen in pictures of the open bottom. Although the bottom may have come all the way down to meet the edge so the magnets could reach.

I’ve looked high and low for anything closely resembling that skirt, nothing. I think I’d like to build the prop and the take off small areas of paint / wear so you see just a little of the orange coming through. I still need a bunch of parts. I have the V8 gear and boot studs, but so far that’s it. I can’t find the blasted slide knobs anywhere.

I’ve looked high and low for anything closely resembling that skirt, nothing. I think I’d like to build the prop and the take off small areas of paint / wear so you see just a little of the orange coming through. I still need a bunch of parts. I have the V8 gear and boot studs, but so far that’s it. I can’t find the blasted slide knobs anywhere.
I’m at the same place. If I find a 4 knob turntable you can get the other 2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back