Bulking and Reposing Mannequin?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by neonfire92, Sep 4, 2015.

1. neonfire92

neonfire92 New Member

Hi everyone! Firstly, if this is the wrong place for this, feel free to move it. I wasn't sure of where to post since it deals with displaying props and costumes. Anyway, I am trying to build a Life Size display of the character "Leatherface" from 1974's Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I already have a few mannequins, but they are all in really plain poses, with their arms straight down their sides. They're also really skinny. I have made them taller before, but never "huskier". I was wondering if anyone could help me with ways, not only to bulk him up, but to change his pose to hold a chainsaw and to make it stable enough to hold the weight of the saw without falling forward. Here are a few pictures to help with reference;

What I'm aiming for;

TCM-Restored-3.jpg

What I've kinda seen done before. The artist and collector wouldn't share info;
    10959701_10155342656680019_7371568647457600435_n (1).jpg

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

2. fallimar

fallimar Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Posing I don't know much about unless the mannequins are jointed (or you want to cut them up and make new joints), but bulking out is really easy. The simplest way to get bulk is to put a plain set of leggings and long sleeve top or thermal underwear on your mannequin, then simply add batting or stuffing in strategic places until it's the size you want. Cheap, quick and easy!