Builds By Baz - Armoured Mech Freestyle

This is really quite nice (y)

If you're open to a bit of constructive criticism, I would suggest maybe capping off the front of the leg tubes. It's kind of distracting.

pL26GY8.jpg

This has been a completely organic build, which is ironic. Starting with an articulated skeleton sketch, the build has grown all on it's own, completely dependant on material at hand, off the scraps floor or out of the workshop bin.

Added a few fillers and finishing bits here and there, while I have the lathe cleared. Joint hubs installed and member struts capped. Undercoated too. Two intakes built, attached and primed.

gAuywt8.jpg

h53A2gm.jpg

coGhb3k.jpg

JvUltFg.jpg

B3M71g9.jpg

A couple of late nights in the new shed. I broke open some old Humbrol enamel paints that are over 30 years old. A bit of turps in the pot and away they go again.

At this stage I'm just playing with the colour scheme. I like the green, not sure about the brown yet. The gloss black might be a bit much too. I'm also working on some stencils to spray on some military markings and such. Might put a bit more techy looking bling on the joints too. Looking a bit bare in there.

HsrTz4B.jpg

ihT9PBD.jpg

Q3ojFmY.jpg

3g0Py70.jpg

OUKBiEr.jpg

xgk3VTa.jpg

Wow I totally missed this. The legs are fantastic. The picture above with the lamp gave me an idea. I'd love to have a really overengineered desk lamp in the form of mech like yours!

Thanks guys.

I started another one already...

Pile of junk to build an army of mech.

0V8BuS6.jpg

Turret is started. Used light cover of a roller door unit and the back of an old landline handset. Used soldering iron to heat-score and fold to shape.

w7eXIBE.jpg

Next, I cut the arms off the back of a roller door motor and screwed them to the sides of the light cover.

GD0ep6G.jpg

Very cool [apologies for the minor nerco-post]. Loving the scale.
What did you use for the Gatling gun feed chute?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back