Building Variant Han ESB DL-44 (Finished!)

Firebat

Hi all. Been member for little while, but never actually posted anything. Mainly hung out in Junkyard.

Anyway, I am getting ready to start my build on a Han ESB Variant for my Tie Pilot sidearm.

So I have a couple questions.

I cant find the posts anymore. (Had them marked but were old RPF site ones) But I was looking at others builds. Is it necessary to remove all the pins and tear the gun down? Or is there a easier way? I'm afraid I'll mess it up and cant get the springs and pins back in.

I bought a tap set cause I planned to just drill and tap the holes with out needing a nut in back of the mounts and such.

This is what I have so far:

Denix mauser
Blastech ESB scope mount
Resin engine parts
Aluminum engine parts (might use instead of resin) (waiting for)
Evolution toys black flash supressor (waiting for)
M19 bronze cast replica scope (waiting for)
real M38a scope (might use instead of resin)
ZB-26 flash cone supressor (might use instead of Evolution toys one)

I'm probably just going to weather the gun with the original Deniz paint. (No plan to repaint)

Thanks everyone!

Tips and tricks are appreciated. :lol

Last edited:
Re: Building Variant Han ESB DL-44

Ah was finally able to find the post I had bookmarked before. Searched for "denix" only. lol

Am I able to just remove the top assembly by removing the screw under the barrel by the mag? Just tryin to be safe.

thanks!

Re: Building Variant Han ESB DL-44

Thanks to FakeBritishAccent for help about removing top part of gun.

I'll post pics as I start and progress with the build. Also got my M38A scope in today. Things are heavier than I thought. :lol

So might go with bronze cast scope for sure to help shave off some weight.

Ok well I finished my DL-44. Had help from a friend since he had a lave and drill press. Here it goes.

2012-04-09_20-54-56_575-1.jpg

My untouched Denix Mauser.

2012-04-09_23-12-00_478-1.jpg

First thing I did was size the barrel to where I wanted it.

2012-04-09_23-57-12_214-1.jpg

Fit supressor on. Supressor opening was to small so we had to open it up. Did little at time untill it was where I wanted it and had a snug fit.
To be safe I added a set screw. Supressor didnt come with one so we drilled, tapped and added one.

2012-04-10_01-40-53_45-1.jpg

Last edited:
2012-04-10_01-32-45_680-1.jpg

Next worked on the scope mount. I also added a small set screw to keep the scope from tilting.

2012-04-10_01-58-27_210-1.jpg

Added the aluminum heat sink.

2012-04-10_02-27-49_624-1.jpg

Got the scope mounted. By now I had about 4 hours into it. It was 330am and I had to work the next night, so went home and crashed.

Got home from work. Changed clothes and went out to work bench. I disassembled the gun, painted the pieces semi flat. I let them dry over 24 hours since had to go into work that night.

So this morning got home from work, and started doing what I think it one of the fun things. I started to weather the gun. I plan to use the gun for event and such so I wanted it to have a nice well used look to fit the part.

2012-04-11_09-46-08_749-1.jpg

I also used a metal file and filed down the ring around the scope mount since it would hit the edge of my holster. I gave it a nice angle so it slides in the holster easy. I also added a smaller set screw cause I didnt like the way it looked sticking out under the supressor.

2012-04-12_09-42-51_93-1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back