Building the Tie Bomber

thats okay, Im ata stand till right now, funds are at a all time low.
Does anyone know how long the braSS tube is supposed to be?

Getting ready to start my bomber. THis will be my second one. The first wasn't very accurate.

100_0200.jpg

Sadly with all the kits I've bought there are still a few parts I have not found.

I've had another look through this thread and it looks like the little piece that goes on the upper left of the Rodney deck hasn't been (publicly) identified.
I've highlighted it in red here.
9a.jpg

It's from the Tamiya Scharnhorst.
Here.

7.jpg

Also, I've highlighted in blue, the bits that go inside the flat dish on the bomb tube.
I've been wondering if these are cut from the side panelling of the 1/43 AMT reefer trailer?.
It's kinda hard to shoot, but have a look.
Close up.
8.jpg

Shot from an angle.
10.jpg

Whatd'ya think?.

How many years I've owned the Tamiya Scharnhorst and never noticed that part.

Thanks for posting.

I'll check out my reefer trailer when I get home. I just thought it was pre scribed sheet styrene from Plasistuct or evergreen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Flint @ Jan 28 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1406478[/snapback]</div>
How many years I've owned the Tamiya Scharnhorst and never noticed that part.
[/b]
Hey, i know that feeling well.
I've been collecting donors for a Y-wing for a few years now. From the beginning, I've been searching for that chassis part on the underside rear, I figured I really need that part for establishing the width of the body.
Last week I was looking through the stash for something else.......I pull a kit out to have a look and what do I find ?

12a.jpg

I couldn't believe it........I just sat there, mouth open, staring at this part in my hand.
How many hours searching?......how much money spent searching for this part?...... and I've had it in the stash all along. :wacko
I honestly don't know how I missed it.
Once I got over the initial disbelief though, I was jumping for joy all over the house doing a Claude Rains laugh. :lol

Looked at my reefer. The pattern of lines is raised not scribed. After looking at what pictures I have of the Bomber I can't tell if the lines are raised or scribed. So I guess it is very possible the reefer was used.

Hey guys, Do you think that the scribed parts could be these ?

IMG_1412.jpg

They're from the tamiya prince of wales 1/700 scale, the scharnhorst mentioned earlier is 1/700 as well.

The parts measure about 7.5mm x 9mm

Cheers

Phil

Hey Fellas... hope you don't mind if I resurrect this thread for a little bit... Here is a shot of something I did... I did the pricing on getting this printed out on the same machine I am getting my Y Wing parts printed on versus ordering the materials from plastruct. The difference is $5, which is well worth it IMO. Imagine buying the materials and then paying someone $5 to build it PERFECTLY. The 3D model is not quite finished. I am going to slice the hemisphere section to accommodate the DV TIE window frame, and make the grooves in the body tubes. Then, after it's printed all I need to do is sand it down. I sanded the printed Y parts, and with a Squadron Tri-Grit sanding stick, you can polish this stuff smooth. The finish comes out VERY nice.

When I get it, I will post pics, of course. I may offer it for sale, if enough people are pleased with the result. And if I figure out how I would make a mold of it...

Would it be possible for someone to post a hight resolution picture or scan of the Rodney part, either beside a ruler (cm perferred, but inches are cool too), or with a few measurements?

Tim

Would it be possible for someone to post a hight resolution picture or scan of the Rodney part, either beside a ruler (cm perferred, but inches are cool too), or with a few measurements?

Tim

Tim, I can do this for you but not until I get home this evening.

As long as you tell me what your up to! :lol J/K

I will post pictures when I get it printed, of course. I am printing that and the wing connector structures. I am sure it will turn out fine, however. The thicknesses are good all around, and the ridges that are left from the printing process sand down very nicely. I'll stick some scribed styrene or Prince of Whales parts (see above) in the 8 notches around the bomber front dish before I mold it up.

Tim

Just one question though - do you need a high-res pic or are the measurements the important part. I can take a high-res pic, but I am having a problem with there not being enough light around the house to take good pictures.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back