Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

eagle1- great video again. The armor segment lines, notch location attention to detail, etc. wonderfully explained. Your build is in a class all its own.

Fantastic workmanship mate:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:...and I do the same as you: for my 2001 Docking Bay, I blew the pic on the computer to the right size (15") and took direct measurements from there. Worked very well(y)
Cheers Joberg. Computer images work well ditectly off the screen when scaling is taken into account.

I second that ! You can't make too many of these videos. It's like watching ILM back in '77. All you need is a beard, long hair, and a flannel shirt and your there.
; ) Cheers,

Joe
Ha, thanks man!. When I'm not on screen & just talking, that's me more than likely scruffy as per the ILMers!.

eagle1- great video again. The armor segment lines, notch location attention to detail, etc. wonderfully explained. Your build is in a class all its own.
Thank you so much Searun. I'm glad you are enjoying my videos & it's helping with your build.
I am much admiring your build, the different techniques you are using are just incredible!. I would say you are using 'hard' materials such as the ply & metal & mine is 'soft' materials of plastics & MDF.

Ha, thanks man!. When I'm not on screen & just talking, that's me more than likely scruffy as per the ILMers!.
Yeah, I'm about 3 months past due for a haircut. With my beard I'm looking like John Dykstra, ; ) If my Galactica was finished I would pose with her like the famous picture, LOL. Oh well I was a kid during the 70s so I'll just relive the decade. Cheers,
Joe

Stu, I know it's probably somewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it. What thickness of styrene did you use for the mandibles. Also are the maintenance pits on top and bottom in line with each other. I know they're different on each side. But didn't know if they line up vertically. The blue prints from Vfx and Maruska don't show dimensions on the bottom mandibles. Thanks,

Joe

Stu, I know it's probably somewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it. What thickness of styrene did you use for the mandibles. Also are the maintenance pits on top and bottom in line with each other. I know they're different on each side. But didn't know if they line up vertically. The blue prints from Vfx and Maruska don't show dimensions on the bottom mandibles. Thanks,

Joe
Hey Joe,

I used 3mm styrene.
Through alot of working out i ascertained that that no pits were placed evenly from side to side or top & bottom. I had to work out each one individually with kit part placement & distancing between the kit parts to mandible edges & even measuring the nibbles/lengths of each styrene armor plate.

Hey Joe,

I used 3mm styrene.
Through alot of working out i ascertained that that no pits were placed evenly from side to side or top & bottom. I had to work out each one individually with kit part placement & distancing between the kit parts to mandible edges & even measuring the nibbles/lengths of each styrene armor plate.
Thanks man, I was going to use acrylic but styrene is so much easier to cut. I wasn't sure about the bottom pits. I'll do as you did and lay out the bottom with parts. That's if I have the kits to do it,
; ) Yeah don't even want to think about the nibbles and armor yet, yowzaas ! That gonna be a job. Oh well this is why we get the big bucks, oh wait, we're not getting paid, LOL. Except in the joy of having something that only a handful of people do. Cheers,
Joe

Hey guys!.
A few pics of me working around the Falcons rear end & what a complicated rear end she has!.
Nearly finished up the engine petal strips top & bottom. Gets repetitive here in that there are 26 styrene plates, 26 M8 plough blades & 26 struts to add. I'm finding going back to this area in intervals works best for me, while working on other others, keeps the interest levels up & not bogged down on one set area for long.

The dome sets i have had to reorganise with another fabricator for some of you, this has been a real, lets say 'challenge' to get right in how i envisioned them, but they will be delivered to all who ordered them.

Cheers
Stu
20220223_140935.jpg
20220223_141016.jpg
20220223_141131.jpg
20220223_141042.jpg

That's looking super nice on the back there Stu, Wow!

I can see how some of these areas would get tedious after a while. She's just so vast.

Great work!

I understand that the repetitiveness might be, at times, tiring for the mind...hang in there mate; you're making a Pro-Job of it all:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back