Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Thanks guys, much appreciated!.
Again, to get this far & as ILM spec as possible, comes from the many, many kind & knowledge folks that have shared their wealth of knowledge & expertise on this iconic miniature. Literally the work of many others here, blows my mind really.

Hi guys.
Here's a quick video of vacuforming the Falcons oversized quarter sections in black ABS, being pulled over the new CNC'd tool. Multiple sets being done for other Falcon builders.
These came out beautifully & the new tool will last indefinitely for more future pulls!.

Here's a pic of a reject test pull that turned out quite interesting. Looks very much like a molten moonscape kind of appearance & would make a great base for a ship or whatever, vehicle perhaps?. Anyway, I left it at the factory as no room here to have just lying around. This happens when the ABS is not quite dried out enough & the machine too hot!. All the pulls after a few test shots are stunningly perfect!.
20230830_131823.jpg

Each pull is one oversized quarter section to make a full dome. So 4 pulls needed to make a complete dome. The set comprises 10 pulls. Eight pulls to make the upper/lower domes, one pull for the separate engine deck & the last pull is used for the engine exhaust strips.

Incredible. You're making me wish I had taken up the offer of the base kit.

Hi guys.
Here's a quick video of vacuforming the Falcons oversized quarter sections in black ABS, being pulled over the new CNC'd tool. Multiple sets being done for other Falcon builders.
These came out beautifully & the new tool will last indefinitely for more future pulls!.

That looks great Stu. What thickness of ABS are you using ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back