Building the 6 foot Enterprise 1701 TOS

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Muzza

Sr Member
He we go another build this kit is a David Schwirian and for a fiber glass kit is is perfect.
I will have to work out the lighting but that should not be that hard and I do want to add people inside the windows the same as Steve Neil did on his.
58339549981__422F8705-2E30-45DB-9578-2FFD132F7C98.JPG
58339551943__2FC07C34-ECBB-4178-B7D2-E56CD47C88FD.JPG
IMG_5154.JPG
IMG_5156.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kingbob

Too slow !!
Why isn’t this together already ?
Out the box........on the bench..........on a stand
Your priorities are all wrong ;):D:D:D
Good luck with your build
Haha, Muzza builds models faster than anybody, but yes he's had it a week, should be done by now :D

Escape068

Been following your huge Star Destroyer which is incredible!

You should check out this build by Lou Dalmasso. He just started a 66" TOS and it's looking fantastic!

Muzza

Sr Member
Starting on the domes for the nacelles the plastic has a line vac formed in to it as a cutting line another testament to the quality of this kit.

IMG_5427.jpgIMG_5429.jpgIMG_5430.jpgIMG_5431.jpgIMG_5433.jpgIMG_5434.jpgIMG_5435.jpg

The resin casting the domes sit in are recessed so the dome sits in nicely, and of cause it is a perfect press fit.

Tiberius Kirk

Sr Member
Should the domes be diffused or clear?

I really like the idea of pressure-fit domes! I'd leave them unglued for easy access.

d_jedi1

Sr Member
If we're replicating the filming model, clear domes, sprayed with this
As that's how it's current iteration in the smithsonian was done.

I've heard (unconfirmed as far as I know) rumors that the original domes were clear, sanded for a frosted effect, and sprayed with something like this
(I seem to recall Pelikan brand but can't find any at the moment)

Tiberius Kirk

Sr Member
If we're replicating the filming model, clear domes, sprayed with this
As that's how it's current iteration in the smithsonian was done.

I've heard (unconfirmed as far as I know) rumors that the original domes were clear, sanded for a frosted effect, and sprayed with something like this
(I seem to recall Pelikan brand but can't find any at the moment)
So cool! Thanks!