Building and improving three Galactica models: Colonial Viper, Cylon Raider and Viper MkII

Hello friends.
Finally I managed to finish my challenge of improving and building three models at the same time. And in just 10 months!

I'm very satisfied with the result of the three models but, now that they are finished, I realize that the Viper MK-II is missing his enemy.
I think I need to get that kit to complete the group.

Here are the pictures of my classic Cylon Raider finished. I hope you like them.

Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-01.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-02.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-03.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-04.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-05.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-06.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-07.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-08.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-09.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-10.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-11.jpg
Galactica-Cylon-Raider-Moska-12.jpg

Thank you very much for following my thread during this last year. I hope I have helped and inspired other modelers.

Best regards.
Rafa

I love it!

Just as amazing as the other ones

p.s. You may have mentioned it along the way, but where did you get the cylon figures from?

Thank you very much everyone for your attention and your kind comments.

I have already bought the Moebius kit of the new Cylon Raider and I'm waiting for it to arrive to complete the group: The Good and Bad Boys of 1978, and the Good and Bad Boys of the 2003 series.
Now my problem is to see how I'm going to make the eye of the new Raider move ... we'll see. :unsure:

Thank you very much everyone for your attention and your kind comments.

I have already bought the Moebius kit of the new Cylon Raider and I'm waiting for it to arrive to complete the group: The Good and Bad Boys of 1978, and the Good and Bad Boys of the 2003 series.
Now my problem is to see how I'm going to make the eye of the new Raider move ... we'll see. :unsure:

A quick Google search yielded this. Not to expensive.

A quick Google search yielded this. Not to expensive.

Hi Cappy. Thank you very much for the information. I usually like to do things for myself, so my first intention is to locate some electronic circuit that I can build and that can be placed inside the model or at its base. I have already located some tutorials on YouTube. But if I feel too lazy, the option you tell me is very interesting and very reasonably priced.
Thank you. (y)

Having done this myself I can tell you there is very little room inside the kit and it requires resorting to surface mount components. Alternatively you could just run a bunch of fibre optic into the kit and have all the electronics in the base.

Having done this myself I can tell you there is very little room inside the kit and it requires resorting to surface mount components. Alternatively you could just run a bunch of fibre optic into the kit and have all the electronics in the base.

Hi Antsnest. I will do several tests on the protoboard and I'll be able to decide what type of electrical assembly is best for the model. (y)

The woodoofx lighting kit has a very good price, but the shipping costs to Spain multiply it x3. :(

I don't think that's animated. it says 4 LEDs and 2 of those are in the engines....

I had not noticed the contents of the voodoofx lighting kit but, if it is as you say, it cannot be animated. And if it's animated, with only two LEDs, I don't think the effect can be good.
Thanks for the info. I no longer have to spend my time thinking about that lighting kit.

Studio quality work...

Love the cases.

Hi, PHArchivist.

Thank you very much for the compliment.
Unfortunately, film studios no longer do this type of work that we love so much. CGI is done with all this.
As for the showcases, experience has taught me that the best place for a finished model to be well protected is inside a showcase. Building them is an extra job, but it's worth it.

Best regards.
Rafa

There's some info that may be of use of my development on my blog Antsnest Blog - select the cylon raider category

Hi, Antsnest.

Your blog is very interesting, congratulations for the work. I was especially interested in the lighting kit of the Cylon Centurion. It is the effect that I want to achieve for my next Cylon Raider. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge about the Arduino system and I will have to make a circuit with so many components that I don't know if they will be able to fit inside the model. I hope to find a way to place the circuit in the base and climb only a few wires to the model. That's what I did in my model of the USS Reliant.

Best regards.
Rafa

Another brilliant build Rafa ! Your Cylon Raider :love:
Could you please share how you highlighted/finished the panelling ( lines ) on it’s surface, they’re so sharp & defined ?
It’s extraordinary !

Ged

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back