Building an Aliens Motion Tracker - need some help

I believe the Matchbox transformer box came with one of those racing sets, the kind that have pistol grips that control the speed of the car.

Just found this Jobo Minilux in my mailbox.

JoboMinilux10-250euro.jpg

That, and sound effects that sound more like the tracker beeps and less like a 19th century ticking clock.

The tick is good.
Ticking means there's nothing there.

Beep beep beep, means that you're about start moaning how you were short... for more weeks and out. Now ya gonna buy it on this rock.. four more weeks... Game over, man. Game over!!!

I recommend a gallant last stand, full of balls, bullets and LOTS of expletives!!
icon_ownage.gif

Do this before your girlfriend comes home and sees it ;) :lol

I believe the Matchbox transformer box came with one of those racing sets, the kind that have pistol grips that control the speed of the car.

I did a bit of research on this and the transformer comes with the Matchbox Powertrack series. NOT the Powertrack 1000 though, that one needs batteries. But the Powertrack 2000 series and up, all have the correct transformer. But it's black and not orange/red like the one in the tutorial.

@ Jonesythecat, I still need the Transformer, the Vivitar flash, the rotary switch with terminal wire nut and then some various little parts.

Did you find the calculator piece? I gave up with that.

The rotary switch is funny... in all the scenes where I can spot it, it looks nothing like the one on Master Replicas MT, which is identical to the one seen in the tutorials.
The screen used looks like an alluminium volume control, flat with "rugged" circumference (see scene when Hicks is cutting through the floor grid to get Newt, the MT lays on the floor and you can notice the rotary switch... nothing like the Master Replicas/tutorials)

Hi everyone,slightly off the subject here,but I'm after a kango 426 body myself.I've been looking for three years now without success.If anyone is willing to part with one I will pay a fair price.It seems nearly impossible to find,maybe its because I'm in the UK.PLEASE HELP,I'm going crazy!!!! :confused

Did you find the calculator piece? I gave up with that.

The rotary switch is funny... in all the scenes where I can spot it, it looks nothing like the one on Master Replicas MT, which is identical to the one seen in the tutorials.
The screen used looks like an alluminium volume control, flat with "rugged" circumference (see scene when Hicks is cutting through the floor grid to get Newt, the MT lays on the floor and you can notice the rotary switch... nothing like the Master Replicas/tutorials)

Do you have any pictures of that knob?

The calculator piece, it's an Casio SL-85 right? Think that's impossible to find. I think I'm just gonna use the graphic file from the tutorial.

And I also forgot to mention that I still need the HAMA Remote Control.

@ LeMarchand, I'm interested in that transformer.

The hama remote release is also very hard to find... and it doesn't come cheap.

Don't have a picture of that rotary switch, I could take a screengrab but don't have the DVD with me at the moment. It's when Hicks is cutting the floor grid, Newt is in the water, Ripley says to stay still and then you see the MT laying on the floor with 1 signal approaching (next scene the signals are dozens)

Last edited:
Interesting...could they have built an oversized one to composite in the working screen?

20zsa60.jpg

i need anything extra someone might have . I am collection for both trackers currently. I am going to run some interest ads for the kango 426 and as a few friends that are construction contractors about them in general. i think getting on non-working might be possible. who know. Not going to do anything until i can find that thing

That's it... that's the only one I've seen in the film. Feel free to prove me wrong

I just had a quick scan through the DVD and couldn't spot another shot where you see that part closeley.

The production shots of the tracker show the MR style rotary knob.

negdip.jpg

1z5q2vo.jpg

So the props differed, apparently

Indeed the props are different. It could be that Master Replicas got hold of a screen used tracker with black rotary knob and just copied it... afterall we've only seen two until now and both different from each other (one in the screengrabs and this one from production pictures).

Probably the MTs in the film had all sorts of rotary knobs, however the ones I've seen till now (except the replicas) appear to be metallic silver. I'm trying to go for something like that.

It's safe to assume that they belong to a hi-fi stereo or something similar... other than that I don't know which other appliances had silver rotary knobs.

i need anything extra someone might have . I am collection for both trackers currently. I am going to run some interest ads for the kango 426 and as a few friends that are construction contractors about them in general. i think getting on non-working might be possible. who know. Not going to do anything until i can find that thing

As far as I know, Kango shut down and was absorbed by another company. You don't find Kango tools in shops anymore. But I'm interested to know what you can find.

Yeah, there are a few bits that are the 'wrong' colour on the MR (eg the self timer) and the weathering in laughable.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back