Building a better muscle suit

trammell

I'm starting a Batfleck build and I'm thinking about the muscle suit. I made one a few years ago out of a morphsuit and upholstery foam, it turned out pretty good but it has the same problem as all of the ones I've seen. They're hot, really hot, like wearing a parka on the equator. I want to make something better. I'm going to start working on it and wanted somewhere to put my research, get ideas and discuss. So, let's discuss

The foam muscle suit is the cheapest/fastest way to obtain the results you want...that being said, if you want a muscle suit that will mimic the natural movements of the body/muscles you'll have a lot of engineering to do. You have to design the muscle using the "Tendon/muscle" movement.
By that I mean that each muscle will be attached by a tendon to respect the body mechanic. Built a series of "bracelets" (for your arm, you'll need 3: arm, elbow, wrist) to those you'll attach a "muscle" made out of a rubber compound: i.e. stretching latex material. The muscle will be shaped in flexing position. For example: the bicep is bulging; by attaching the biceps to 2 "tendons and 2 "bracelets" and positioning the 1"bracelet" just under you shoulder, at the top of you real biceps, and another "bracelet" pass you elbow, you'll be able to stretch the latex muscle in a normal position.
As soon as you bend your arm, your bicep will bulge as in real life. Studying the body mechanics is also a good point of reference.

The foam muscle suit is the cheapest/fastest way to obtain the results you want...that being said, if you want a muscle suit that will mimic the natural movements of the body/muscles you'll have a lot of engineering to do. You have to design the muscle using the "Tendon/muscle" movement.
By that I mean that each muscle will be attached by a tendon to respect the body mechanic. Built a series of "bracelets" (for your arm, you'll need 3: arm, elbow, wrist) to those you'll attach a "muscle" made out of a rubber compound: i.e. stretching latex material. The muscle will be shaped in flexing position. For example: the bicep is bulging; by attaching the biceps to 2 "tendons and 2 "bracelets" and positioning the 1"bracelet" just under you shoulder, at the top of you real biceps, and another "bracelet" pass you elbow, you'll be able to stretch the latex muscle in a normal position.
As soon as you bend your arm, your bicep will bulge as in real life. Studying the body mechanics is also a good point of reference.
I'm aware of the mechanics and everything, my goal is to make one that gives me the batfleck look but is breathable, relatively light weight and comfortable to wear. I'm currently looking into mesh and other materials for the base to put the faux muscles on

I'm still building my muscle suit the way you built your first one but plan on putting areas in it that can breath a little more, to help with heat release. Like maybe cut away areas around the armpits and down the sides where you might not need foam muscles. To keep the waist more tapered down I'm not doing muscles on the side and kind of just doing abs. I was also thinking of trying to install a cooling system by wrapping a tube around the chest and stomach area with a release around the crotch area. Maybe a bladder system at the top that rest on the traps where you could pour some cool water in and let it go through the tubing while keep you cool till it warms up, then drain it and re-add throughout the day. Lastly I was thinking of adding some inserts that would allow me to put some cooling gel underneath but not directly on the skin and swap them out when they eventually heat up. There are also cooling vest you could attempt to hide under the suit. You could possibly use the foam muscles to hide these ideas. I'm new to the game so It might be trial and error till I find the system that best works for me.
Kind of like these:
https://www.amazon.com/LotFancy-Reu...&keywords=cooling+gel&qid=1601296012&sr=8-118

Hope this helps and let me know what you end up doing, as I'm also curious what others have done.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back