Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Save it and play with the photo and tell me how many screws you see on the lens plate. I believe I see four in this photo (two in the center and two in the bottom corners) and likely others. The stunt has screws also, so it’s not a stretch to believe that’s how this is attached. ;)

View attachment 1585291
damn, yeah you might me right! I see a spot on each bottom corner and the obvious bright spot in the middle. I don't see 4 though. it's hard because they are very close to the plate color, so nothing definitive, but, yes, there seem to be something!

What is up with the darn Seagull big dial. Some are like mine, silver, and black bars. Some are treaded from a different Seagull dial and others still have a smooth rubber strip.??????????????????
Tom, I think you are looking at too many replicas. People have done a lot of versions depending on the refs they had at the time or what they interpreted from unclear photos of the prop. The photo that Teecrooz posted are the clearer I have ever seen. Not too long ago, a lot of things were still unclear about the macros. and some things, like the weird end of the female EIAJ plug is still undefined.
don't go crazy, just follow the last photos that have been posted and the last informations that surfaced in this thread and the other long one :)
cheers

Tom, I think you are looking at too many replicas. People have done a lot of versions depending on the refs they had at the time or what they interpreted from unclear photos of the prop. The photo that Teecrooz posted are the clearer I have ever seen. Not too long ago, a lot of things were still unclear about the macros. and some things, like the weird end of the female EIAJ plug is still undefined.
don't go crazy, just follow the last photos that have been posted and the last informations that surfaced in this thread and the other long one :)
cheers

Yeah, the problem is this set was supposed to be budget, but accurate. It looks like I have the wrong Seagull dial and need to more Kalimar knobs. I am not getting either, but what was going to be an all real parts, accurate set of Macros (minus lenses) is now not accurate.

Oh well.

you don't have the wrong Seagull dial, why are you saying that? you mean the inside? those are the Bell and Howell, and we don't have any clear references of that part. the important part is the silver colored exterior Seagull button. that you have.
Now, the concensus is that the transparent part of the Seagull button is kept as well as the metal ring that was inside, it is put on top of the Bell and Howell cup and button.

like so:
c3gpSKL.jpg

you have a great base, you just need to tweak the inside of the Seagull button with the parts that you probably already have. but you are pretty accurate this far ;-)

You are right about the side knob inner parts. I got the wrong Bell and Howell but I suppose I can paint it.

But that tread does not just slip on, it's a totally different Seagull Dial.

Here is a better capture of that scene. It’s the same ribbed knob and not the one with rubber tread. The old captures sure made it look that way though.

38BED1AE-AE9E-42E3-A034-42C6E7940A83.jpeg

yes, as I said, people did a lot of different versions with the years and the references they had available at the time. Also, with the parts they had and the budget they had. you Seagull knob is correct. this one with the rubber band is an inacurate variation.

Okay for some reason I thought the rubber tread version was the latest version.

Coolio. Relieved.

On that note do you have to trim the Bell and Howell knob? Mine does not fit inside the black numbered dial, but I do have the red one?

1654814408207.jpeg

1654818519798.png

Isn't it supposed to be like this?

1654817777867.jpeg

Not like this with the black ring and numbers showing? Looks better with the black ring but screen accuracy!!! The bane of my existence!

1654817829708.jpeg

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to believe. I don't care how much evidence there is.

I have two Seagull knobs on the side and they go with their big dial buddy.

I do not accept. o_O :sick: :( :unsure: (n):confused::(:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1654818357840.png

Last edited:
Hello guys,
my turn to ask a question :)
does anyone know how this threaded part for the lenses can be removed? I removed the 4 screws and it turns, but it doesn't get out.
thanks a lot :)
IMG_20220611_155859.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back