Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Yep, you're probably right. There's a black nameplate under there, and who knows what kinda glue they used, but it could easily be some glue.

Oh my gawd, yeah, I just saw that like twenty minutes ago and laughed my a$$ off!

Lord have mercy, what is this world coming to?!!!!

Adding 0.2mm brass rod.
IMG_2382.jpg

Okay I’m down to needing the 2 final pieces: the plug with “green” button as above post shows (lucky!!!) and the funky piece that holds the viewfinder on. Is anybody making and selling this bracket in metal (maybe aluminum) because I really don’t want resin or 3D printed plastic and don’t have much free time to make my own.

I was watching that auction to see how high it would go. eBay prices have gotten way out of control haha.

So couple questions for the macro group. I’m nearing my completion of attain all the parts I need to start my build (and have a second camera for vintage display) but need some clarifications first.

Are they Seagull or Kalimar knobs on the metal boxes (seagull definitely cheaper)? Where do I get a great metal viewfinder bracket and side wedge piece? Anybody know of a good full build thread bc trying to build from various angles may deem difficult for an accurate final product? To be continued as I build.

I think that box is too shallow, but that's just me.

It IS basically your only pre-fab option in metal, though.

I have that one and its ok. Trooper resin cast ones are good. I can recommend those if you are not set on metal.

Yeah, Trooper makes beautiful stuff!!

I've also got a printed box, but you wouldn't be interested in that.

This is an unfinished print. Before final sanding and filling and sanding and painting. Everything attaches with screws, and there are open and closed bottom versions.
0118192139b.jpg
0118192140.jpg
0118192139a.jpg
0118192139.jpg
0118192138.jpg

Can anyone tell me the thickness of the aluminium lens plate please? I estimated it around 8mm but i'm not super sure. The length and height would also help but I don't want to ask too much :)
thank you very much (y)

8mm sounds about right, I'll let you know when I get home.

Russrep plate is 8mm

DEC plate is closer to 8.5mm

eethan already knows, but in case anyone else was curious.

Last edited:
As long as the accuracy is there I’m fine with printed or resin. I’m on the possible wedge run so fingers crossed it’s a go and quick. I shall ask trooper about the resin box as well but won’t rule you out. Dann (you did say I wouldn’t be interested so that’s a wonderment). What’s the sliver piece below the eumig button on the wedge. Also, don’t i see 4 buttons total on the macros so are all 4 of them Kalimar or seagull on the eumig and Kalimar on the box?

Any body have a vintage green tab plug they want to give up (last vintage piece I need).

And just to be pushy...what’s the thought on the 220 dial in the seagull dial? I’ve seen just the inner finger piece of the 220 dial used behind the plastic lens part of the seagull but the screen grabs look, to me, to be no lens and the entire 220 dial stuck inside the seagull dial (fully exposed 220 dial)?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back