Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Just so you know, if you need parts 'temporarily' whilst you find pieces, Trooper does resin versions of absolutely everything, knobs, 220 inserts, 'working' rotating lenses , really good EIAJ plugs with repro green tabs. I have had pretty much every greeble off him at various stages whilst hunting real parts. They are very good.

But on the EIAJ plug, you can pick up a vintage small metal tabbed one out of the junkyard and swap one of the cover plates for the resin one with a green tab. You cant tell the difference. Weight is right etc etc.

As long as the accuracy is there I’m fine with printed or resin. I’m on the possible wedge run so fingers crossed it’s a go and quick. I shall ask trooper about the resin box as well but won’t rule you out. Dann (you did say I wouldn’t be interested so that’s a wonderment). What’s the sliver piece below the eumig button on the wedge. Also, don’t i see 4 buttons total on the macros so are all 4 of them Kalimar or seagull on the eumig and Kalimar on the box?

Any body have a vintage green tab plug they want to give up (last vintage piece I need).

And just to be pushy...what’s the thought on the 220 dial in the seagull dial? I’ve seen just the inner finger piece of the 220 dial used behind the plastic lens part of the seagull but the screen grabs look, to me, to be no lens and the entire 220 dial stuck inside the seagull dial (fully exposed 220 dial)?

hey, the silver piece bollow the eumig button is the complete eumig button. when you disassemble it, there is that piece onto which the black part is attached.

concerning the kalimar/seagull button, different people have different opinions on that, your guess is as good as any ;)

Maybe 2 of each butting then since already have them (well have an extra Kalimar camera and seperate lens but won’t scavenge parts so can sell it ;)).

Something familiar looking about this piece ...

TBOX.jpg

just purchased a eumig servomatic with the intention of building a luke macrobinculars and would really appreciate some help in sourcing pieces ill need that arent on ebay please. Thanks

just purchased a eumig servomatic with the intention of building a luke macrobinculars and would really appreciate some help in sourcing pieces ill need that arent on ebay please. Thanks

Be careful on the plugs. The correct one is suppose to have green tabs on both sides. Not one green and one metal.

Hi Garrett. Why does it matter if the green tab's opposite side has the metal tab? That side is unseen, attached to the Eumig.
I think he just means make sure you check first before paying "full price" for a correct version. Because you can take one side off and replace it with a metal tab since one side will be hidden, then use the other green tab on the other connector, yielding two green tab connectors. People have done this and sold them off as the correct version at full value, and make twice as much for them.

I think he just means make sure you check first before paying "full price" for a correct version. Because you can take one side off and replace it with a metal tab since one side will be hidden, then use the other green tab on the other connector, yielding two green tab connectors. People have done this and sold them off as the correct version at full value, and make twice as much for them.
Thanks Trent. Should the tab on the backside be removed for an easier fit, or does it not really matter?

Also, do you know if the Bell and Howell 624 grey inner knob fits inside the 220's grey circular knob (the B&H parts that go inside the big Seagull knob)?

Thank you Trooper Trent. That’s exactly what I meant. I’ve seen them listed for $500 and the seller not disclosing that it’s only half of the correct version. I picked up a metal tab version for $35. Just giving you a heads up.

Does anyone know where I can source a couple of real or cast metal replica kaligar lens knobs? I have the lenses but not the silver ridged half round knobs.. it’s a small thing but with my build almost drawing to a close these parts are eluding me.. I will post in the looking to buy forum as well but this seemed the best place to start!

many thanks :)

I 3D modeled the knob and printed them on my resin printer. once chromed and weathered they were a dead match for the real thing.

I don't know anyone that makes cast metal ones and you're unlikely to find them separately. I had to hold out nearly 2 years until I found a whole lens that had them, and just replaced the lens.

107852862_992889177834598_9046265264273745070_n.jpg
106507918_10222535482440406_2913792606714255429_o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back