Budget Star Wars Garden Ornaments.

Finally got into gear with Fett. Was needing to clear the workshop out a bit and he was in the way.
I decided painting him up properly was just too much work so went with an iron statue kind of look.
I started by giving him a dirty quick coat of red primer with a lighty dirty bronze over the top.
20190530_220152.jpg
20190530_220159.jpg

A gloss coat over the top and threw a bunch of iron powder at it.
20190531_134915.jpg

Then sealed in a bag overnight after a spray of salt, vinegar water. And, he's done.
20190601_193259.jpg
20190601_193159.jpg

BTW wanted to ask you about the unpainted statue versions: what is the finish on them, is it with some lacquer or just the resin itself? Would they last in open air without repaint or lacquered? Do they look ok in hand as is or need painting to look better?

BTW wanted to ask you about the unpainted statue versions: what is the finish on them, is it with some lacquer or just the resin itself? Would they last in open air without repaint or lacquered? Do they look ok in hand as is or need painting to look better?
The finish is just plain resin. They take paint very well.
I would say they would last outside just fine, the only thing that would really be a problem for them is being dropped from a height or bashed. They dont ship well, a guy from the FB page was going to send me an R2, but ones he'd sent to someone else got destroyed and he didnt want any more bother.
They do look pretty good as is. There is a pic of them on the 1st page. They are quite convincing as stone when you cast a glance over them in amongst plants an bushes. I just paint them because, why not?!

I might have a friend coming here from UK who can buy me one. He asked what to get me, and I think I'll go with R2 and painted if he finds one

I might have a friend coming here from UK who can buy me one. He asked what to get me, and I think I'll go with R2 and painted if he finds one
It's Homebase that does them on and off. Tell him to bring you some decent chocolate bars too!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back