Budget Latex skin

oneuglymf

Ok guys. A few months ago I posted about some interesting fondant molds, and how to use latex.

original thread:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...c=18218&hl=

Thanks to your info and guidance, I've now started on my own latex skin, with a somewhat modified Mr. I kind of approach. I have a muscle shirt, i was usually wearing inside a sheer lycra "skin" I hated how they muscles kept moving about, so I'll be adding some weight to it but painting it with liquid latex, as well as by adding pre-made sections of pred skin I've fabbed up myself from these "Cobblestone" patterned fondant molds. The idea here being that I'll make each textured section, and use liquid latex to attatch it to the muscle suit, and with mixing in upholstry foam, i'll make out the musculature. I don't have a mannequin, so I'm just using an 18l Water Jug.

Anyway, here is my humble beginings. Total invested so far is about $60.00 CDN

dsc7900m.jpg.png

dsc7896.jpg.png

dsc78971.jpg.png

dsc7895.jpg.png

Thanks man. You use what you have access to sometimes. ;)

Filled in a bit more, and laid a thin layer of latex. The dried latex sticks together nicely, so I just add another thin layer of latex as an adhesive to bond the torso to the pre-fab skin.

dsc7907.jpg.png

dsc7911.jpg.png

Thanks doode. I ran out of latex so I'll just have to order the big gallon jug of it. LOL! Took way more than I expected it would.

That texture is amazing! Where might one find fondant molds that look like cobblestones?!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in your other thread! Michael's!!

Interesting stuff. I had been thinking about this when making my own Mr. Incredible suit. I was thinking about sculpting some skin texture in clay, then making a mold, casting a thin layer of latex from the mold, and then bonding it to the Mr. I suit. It looks like you found a good way to do this.

You should make sure that the muscle shirt is stretched out enough so you can put it on without having to stretch it. If you aren't using a duct tape dummy, I'd be concerned that the latex might shrink, or that you didn't have the shirt stretched out enough in the first place.

ok, so I ended up copping out and buying a Mr I suit.

I'll try to post more of the actual progess pics, but this is how it sits now. I didn't want to bring out my dslr when I was working for fear of mucking things up, so most of it is documented on my blackberry, and when I get time tonight I'll pull them off the device and upload them. I used pom poms to make the bumps on the skin. got the idea from Jaded's thread.
I'm all done with the latex portion (yes I know its thin in certain areas, but there is a method to my madness. I want to move freely and not be too hot. there is sufficient latex on the suit especially covering the torso and arms/thigh area which for my suit were the most critical areas. I have seahunter AVP feet which go halfway up my calf, so a full lateg leg wasn't needed in this instance. Anyway enjoy.

dsc8430.jpg.png

dsc8431.jpg.png

dsc8432.jpg.png

dsc8442nef.jpg.png

dsc8445nef.jpg.png

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back