Budget jawa complete. Dirty little scoundrel inside :)

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Hope all is well. So after deciding to take a break from the hobby i decided to build a lifesize Jawa. I owned one years ago but sold it on due to space issues. This is 80% complete now and there are only a few bits left to do. Best thing is that it has cost me the best part of £25 so far
icon_biggrin.gif
and a bit of work. Price list:

2 brown fleece throwover blankets £3 each
Eyes £4
Ammo bag £10
Mannequin head £3
gloves £1

Used some pipe fittings i had to make the mannequin, an old wine rack for the base plus some old black material and loads of bubble wrap. Not 100% finished yet as i need to source a cheap bandolier :) I made the Ion pack from a bit of spare 5x2 and made the blaster last year using items found in my bucket of delights in the garage :)

Not an amazing looking onem, but he is getting there. Sorry for the camera blurs etc, just wanted to show a progress pic.

LeeSAM_4037.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and i used some spray cans to dirty the little runt up :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So I just finished making the bandoliers and dirtying him up a little more and he is more or less complete. Total cost of build £30 :)

Any advice / pointers appreciated.

Lee

Attachments

• SAM_4048 (480x640).jpg
    SAM_4048 (480x640).jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Amazing Jawa ... next take a picture with real light or outdoors and no flash so the face becomes much darker and the glowing eyes will pop :)

Chaim

Thanks guys. After looking again i need to weather the bandoliers a bit. Im going to give the base a special spray job ala Tatooine aswell as making the gun stock a darker brown.

Power Droid 1/2 scale next.Havent got room for a bigger one :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back