Budget jawa complete. Dirty little scoundrel inside :)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by _Lee_, Jul 30, 2015.

1. _Lee_

_Lee_ Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey guys,

Hope all is well. So after deciding to take a break from the hobby i decided to build a lifesize Jawa. I owned one years ago but sold it on due to space issues. This is 80% complete now and there are only a few bits left to do. Best thing is that it has cost me the best part of £25 so far [​IMG] and a bit of work. Price list:

2 brown fleece throwover blankets £3 each
    Eyes £4
    Ammo bag £10
    Mannequin head £3
    gloves £1

Used some pipe fittings i had to make the mannequin, an old wine rack for the base plus some old black material and loads of bubble wrap. Not 100% finished yet as i need to source a cheap bandolier :) I made the Ion pack from a bit of spare 5x2 and made the blaster last year using items found in my bucket of delights in the garage :)

Not an amazing looking onem, but he is getting there. Sorry for the camera blurs etc, just wanted to show a progress pic.

Lee SAM_4037.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and i used some spray cans to dirty the little runt up :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Sym-Cha likes this.
  2. _Lee_

Hey guys,

So I just finished making the bandoliers and dirtying him up a little more and he is more or less complete. Total cost of build £30 :)

Any advice / pointers appreciated.

Lee

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    NeoRutty likes this.
  3. Torron

Torron Active Member

Really nice build! I also built one Jawa not so long ago (you can check it here, if you want: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239637).
    Will he be standing on that black trestle or are you going to do some Tatooine-looking sand trestle?

4. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Amazing Jawa ... next take a picture with real light or outdoors and no flash so the face becomes much darker and the glowing eyes will pop :)

Chaim

5. Badgersbunk

Badgersbunk Active Member

He's so cute. Jk looks good.

6. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

All these jawa builds are giving me the itch! Looks great

7. _Lee_

Thanks guys. After looking again i need to weather the bandoliers a bit. Im going to give the base a special spray job ala Tatooine aswell as making the gun stock a darker brown.

Power Droid 1/2 scale next.Havent got room for a bigger one :)