Budget Computer Gauntlet, steps but only completed photos(sorry)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ShawDizzle

I decided to make a budget gauntlet after. It was actually fairly easy just took me a couple hours on the living room floor, plus the Jets game was distracting me.

For the main body i went to modelles sporting goods and bought a pack of the wrist/arm pads worn by football players, mainly line men. I cut the part that goes over ur hand of the main forearm pad.

After that I just used bulsa wood and hot glued the actual computer/top portion of the gauntlet together piece by piece. I just went with my instinct and ideas and kept gluing it on with shapes how i liked. i also did the best i could to use the wood when designing it in hiding the top part and sides of the pad. I then broke open and old remote and used the circuit board and buttons for detail on the top part of the gauntlet.

One other thing i did but is ptional is since my mask has a tri laser mounted with a 9volt battery box on a wire, i dug an exact hole fitting to the size of the battery box in the top of the gauntlet to look like parts of the computer stuff the pred uses. this way i actually can control the laser from the gauntlet to make it actually have a function. you will see in the pictures, its the part with the wire coming out...i used velcro to hold it in the hole....

Painting: since my airbrush took a dump on me....i spray painted it all black....then grey but left black showing a little...i then took acrylic and applied some black with a sponge very randomly.......then i did the same with silver/chrom acrylic and painted it on thick but leaving a little black showing....

For the wire that operates the laser..i plan on running the wire from the mask, down my neck to disguise it as an oxygen hose....then run it down my left are in the suit..and drill a hole under the gauntlet to connect the wire......sorry i didnt get pics while i was doing it step by step but it really is easy and u will probly get the gist from these instructions and pictures...

It came out ok i think....the pictures bring out blemishes but it looks mettalic in person

100_0950.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0954.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ShawDizzle

I may be able to post the during pics.....they are on the media card but write protected or something...i hope the instructions are enough for anyone who is gonna try this