Budget build 2010 Predators costume

cacador

So I wanted to have this done by Halloween but due to money and and time, mostley money I don't think this will happen. So this will just become a project to work on over time as all of our suits usually are.

I am using the 2010 Predator's costume that ran me $90.00
http://cdn.costumediscounters.com/csc_inc/...600/889840R.jpg

889840R.jpg

When I ordered it I thought the armor minus the head would be awesome and the skin would be some crappy cloth but I was wrong! As it turns out the skin is amazing, it is polyester and looks much better than the picture shown above.

Realizing that this suit is pretty budget by its self I decided to enchance it with small details to make it look better. I am purchasing a bio and doing the budget rubies build with the backer rod as dreads.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4161

EDIT: I erased the content that followed on this post. I'll update this thread each time I make updates to the suit.

I ordered a super man body suit to put under. It's only the chest but I think it will help the look. It was on sale for $20.00 down from $50. Much cheaper than the Mr. I suit I think. I also have an idea to tighten the legs so it doesn't have a 'baggy' look.

Pretty cool....not bad for $90.00. The belt and the chest piece look pretty good from the picture. Party City had one online that looked a little different. I think it was a photo and would more than likely end up being what you got.

I'm sure your add-ons will make it pop!

Good stuff brotha!! :)

Look good!! Yes, please man make that store costume better than what they sell. They could have at least added feet to it or do they expect people buying the Berserker will walk around bare footed. You are doing a great job so far on your suit making it look 10x's better that what it originally looks like. :)

The body suit is polyester. I honestly thought the armor was going to be the best part of this purchase but it ended up being the skin. The armor is only okay. I'm going to paint it up to match the bio once I pick that up.

Great modifications bro!
If you don't mind me giving you a critique on the dreads.
Instead of cutting the tips put heat on the ends and they will cone up and give them a better finish!
Keep up the updates and let's see the finished product!!!

I've tried the heat, they melt and shrink immediatly. I plan on making better dreads eventually but this will work for now. Thanks for the support and advice though!

Time for an update. I've had to deal with some real life stuff and wasn't in the mood after a break up and other stuff with work. Anyways I'm back to work on this budget build!

After putting on the Skin I noticed my mobility was very limited and it made it hard to work on so I decided to turn the suit inside out and cut it apart at the seams. I plan on using suspenders to hold up my legs. I also ordered a Super-Man body suit and cut out the chest and arms to add some muscle and tone to the suit so it didn't just look a shirt.

EDIT: I was in the process of moving when I dug the suit up and it got me inspired to get back to work. Sorry for the mess and random boxes in the back ground.

242261_10150295016949951_714409950_9501928_775709_o.jpg

243214_10150295017729951_714409950_9501942_7742605_o.jpg

The left arm was sewn on up side down so I had to also remove that. I will be adding that on again in the near future.
241079_10150294984319951_714409950_9501393_907458_o.jpg

Here is the netting I made on a duct tape mold of my fat torso!
242975_10150295015509951_714409950_9501905_4563736_o.jpg

The next step I did was I cut off all of the elastic bands from the armor and trimmed the crap off of it I want to do my self.
240619_10150295017234951_714409950_9501933_1695226_o.jpg

Here is a rough draft of what the chest will look like. I still need to get belts to attach the pieces together, paint the netting, get a neck ring, and sew the arm back on.
241430_10150295017459951_714409950_9501936_5645010_o.jpg

Hey this is looking great, i'm doing a very similar build myself, i'm even planning on using the same costume! The Skin jumpsuit was there a terrible amount of trimming and sewing to do? Do you think it would fit a 6' 160lb guy?

yeah, it should. It's kind of baggy on me and i'm 5'9 185 so trimming will be a must. I'm planning on doing V cuts on the calfs and fore arms and then hot glueing velcrow so the skin looks tight around me. the helmet and cannon are a complete waste, so I would to drop em. It takes some work to make it look nice and I'm still far away from it. I definitly think this costume is the way to go for some cheap skin and begining armor though for us new guys. I've never worked with the materials or do much out side of my matrix and mortal kombat suits I made back in High School like 10 years ago.

Once I get the rubies helm, a nice bio, and a neck ring It'll start to take shape. I'm currently making leg armor and bracers out of Pringles cans. Pics to come in the near future.

the neck ring on the older rubies mask isn't that bad, you can totally get away with not having one, it would probably look a lot better with one, but just a money saving suggestion

I'm not too worried about saving money. I know it's a budget build but I'm still going to put some money into. This will probably be a like $350 suit including a $150 bio. I think that's much cheaper than a suit that costs thousands. After I complete the torso I'm going to start on the head and then onto the armor.

I have the same Rubies Berserker suit. I'm actually glad that the neck area was prepainted. I was considering on buying a neck ring, but the delux Rubies Berserker head pretty much covered from the top of my head to the bottom of my neck.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back