Budget Boba Fett *New Weathering*

Egon

Sr Member
Hey all,

I had a few days off this week, and I thought I'd be more productive than marathoning some netflix...

This is about 12 hours of work (not including drying time). So far, it is about 4 dollars in. I had the styrene and paint. Gonna save up a bit for an accurate jump suit. The jetpack is gonna be most challenging part.

The girth belt is sitting in some dye right now, I'll post some pics when it is drying.

Photo Album - Imgur

I know there will be several large inaccuracies...but I just want to enjoy the build and do it at the best quality I can affod

Last edited:
Re: Budget Boba Fett

Well done man, keep up the good work. Any ideas on what you'll do for a bucket? I think I've seen some scratchbuilds of the jetpack from styrene if you look around for them. The sister site TDH is a good place to go to!

i bit more weathering and a quick clear coat. I died the belt, but it was a little bit too light. I spayed it with some "espresso" rattle can and then a bit of purple to keep it redish.

The buckles are from some bags I picked up years ago on clearance for 99 cents each. The leather straps are an old tattered belt that I just don't wear anymore. I will get better d rings once I get some more cash.

Photo Album - Imgur

Started the Flak Jacket. I stopped by the local discount shop and picked up an offwhite sweatshirt for 4 dollars and transformed it into the flak jacket. I'll start the neck seal later tonight and add some stitching into the sleeves.

Photo Album - Imgur

looking at reference photos, and it seems like some of the flak jackets are weathered, othes aren't. Any conclusive images that'll help me??

taped the armor on to see how it fits! Not too bad for my first time stitching anything together!

The shape of the armor now presents a problem...it is not as formed as I would like and seems a smidge too large...I may trim it down if I still feel this way once i see it compared with everything else in scale.

whatya think fellas?

Time to start the jet pack!

I have these poster tubes laying around and the crayons are piggybanks from the dollar store. I plan on using the WOF templates as a base.

The color scheme is still undecided...I would love a ESB styled fett, but the blue undersuit may be hard to come by if I can even find one in my almost nonexistant price range. I'm new to sewing, so I don't even know how much fabric I would need to do a jumpsuit...any ideas?

So I will hold off on the paint until I get the jumpsuit and helmet squared away.

Great use of found items!
The local thrift store is always a good place to check as well as Army Surplus.
Another place is a uniform store for nurses and custodians. There are usually jumpsuits there for various jobs. Just remember to get two or three so you have enough to make the pockets and pouches!

Got some work done on the jetpack! mostly cardboard. Using the WOF templates as a guideline.

Tips on what putty to use to fill everything in? My climate doesn't really allow for bondo or nasty stuff right now.

Would that foam insulation that expands be a good solution for keeping it sturdy inside the frame?

I built my jetpack and helmet from WOF templates and cardboard, but I used resin to finish it I have pics of it both on my blog and on TDH . Be very careful with the expanding foam, it may work well but too much and it'll distort your hard work. You've done a great job so far with what you have, I bet this is gonna look great when you are done !

I got a bit more work done on the jetpack. I redid the canister area a bit to make it more flush. I tried replicating the angle of the pack a bit so when it sits on my back it will lean slightly forward.

I am not satisfied with the top cone, looking for a solution.

Re: Budget Boba Fett *Repainted*

Hey all,

So I didn't get a single chance to work on this throughout the last semester, but now it is summer and between my summer course, work, and the lady I've had a bit of time to work!

I decided to repaint this and try and get it a bit more accurate to the empire armor and look less like the prototype that went out on the promotional tour back in the day.

The plan now is to do a bust of Boba to display under my Empire poster.

anywho, I used Rustoleum sage, krylon italian olive, rustoleum metallic and some rattle can of yellow i had.

Thanks to the Dented Helmet for the decals!

Also, I'm going to be altering the flack vest to shorten the sleeves and get it a bit more accurate, though it'll be no where near screen accurate (along with the rest, heh)

The jetpack is under way. I am just working on getting the edges smooth and painting it, so pics soon.

hope you guys enjoy! sorry the light quality in the photos is lousy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back