Budget Berserker Pred. Blade Gauntlet Mechanism

AlienatedPredator

Well sence no one was of any of help (no offense), I created my own. Took a few hours and extreme planning, but it got done. Its simple, easy, and anyone can do it.

Diagram I made on Paint
blade.jpg

PICS
DSCN1289.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1292.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

To keep the blade in place, theres a stopper at the end and magnets in the blade and on the bottom side of the gauntlet that keeps it in place once it is launched.

Once I got the plans done, it only took about an hour of fiddling with it. If yall have any questions just hit me with a PM. B)

Materials: Foamboard, wooden dowels, rubber bands, paper clip, and hot glue.

Remember its one blade lol. So does anyone have any ideas? I thought about using a PEZ dispenser, but I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas before I proceed. B)

This guy used a toy knife, which I thought was rather ingenious (Way past the 4 min mark from what I recall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soj_FLDIB18...feature=related
Or an automatic umbrella (Not my idea. Someone else had mentioned using two of them on a spear, but this seems like another good use)...

This guy used a toy knife, which I thought was rather ingenious (Way past the 4 min mark from what I recall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soj_FLDIB18...feature=related
Or an automatic umbrella (Not my idea. Someone else had mentioned using two of them on a spear, but this seems like another good use)...
Thanks, but ive seen that video, he says you can get them at the dollar store, but ive been to like 6 different ones and they didnt carry any like or even simliar to the one he used. B) Any other ideas hunters?

Thanks, but ive seen that video, he says you can get them at the dollar store, but ive been to like 6 different ones and they didnt carry any like or even simliar to the one he used. B) Any other ideas hunters?
I've been making and selling blade mechanisms, and I'm pretty sure I could make something to fit your gauntlet as long as there's enough room inside to fit the motor and gear mechanism. It wouldn't be all that difficult to adapt the mechanism to fit a single blade instead of a double blade -- I'd just have to change the mounting block.

Here's a video of one in action. Here's a video of a different mechanism adapted for blades that are more closely spaced together.

PM me if you're interested.

I've been making and selling blade mechanisms, and I'm pretty sure I could make something to fit your gauntlet as long as there's enough room inside to fit the motor and gear mechanism. It wouldn't be all that difficult to adapt the mechanism to fit a single blade instead of a double blade -- I'd just have to change the mounting block.

Here's a video of one in action. Here's a video of a different mechanism adapted for blades that are more closely spaced together.

PM me if you're interested.
thanx man, but this is a budget build, I was thinking of something with rubber bands or small springs. The only thing im gonna have electronic on this suit is the leds in the mask and left gauntlet. I appreciate the help though. Any other ideas hunters? B)

Not a bad little setup simple yet possibly effective. Me personally I am making mine automated, using Lego Techniq Gears, and Small Toy Electric Motors with large gears. Itis interesting because when you see it in action they come out and go in fast! Faster than what I have seen others have made.

I will post pics and videos once I get everything completed.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back