Limited Run BUCKAROO BANZAI Oscillation Overthruster Run

morganthirteen

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This came together pretty quickly all things. Here's the kit, which is $85.00 (shipped in the US) and includes everything you see here. Please pm for details and thanks for looking...!

Congrats on your new army, Shawn. They look awesome!

I'll bet they are anxious to march on out the door...

Rex

Last edited:
I just received my overthruster, and it is magnificent! The attention to detail is unbelievable - not a flaw on it. Your work, Shawn, leaves me stunned. Thank you for doing this for us!

Thank you, Rex and Cameron. I just received my order of ULINE boxes and new clear cast pins will be arriving Thursday so all outstanding orders will be shipped then. I apologize for the appearance of the "frankensteined" boxes I had to make for the first few orders. They looked horrible. lol

This is unbelievable! I'm holding the OVERTHRUSTER!!!!! It's an amazing piece. The wiring and gear window details are stunning. Thank you so much!

How is everyone painting theirs? I was thinking maybe a chrome spray and some weathering.

I have my overthruster sitting predominantly on my kitchen counter and pick it up often. It just feels so cool. I have never painted a resin casting - am thinking of picking up an airbrush. Anyone know the right colors? I am designing active buttons to replace the cast pins. Would you guys be interested in seeing them if I can pull it off? I plan on cutting the washer away from the casting and machining a brass washer and button with opposing rare earth magnets to give it a push button action.

I just love this thing.

I have my overthruster sitting predominantly on my kitchen counter and pick it up often. It just feels so cool. I have never painted a resin casting - am thinking of picking up an airbrush. Anyone know the right colors? I am designing active buttons to replace the cast pins. Would you guys be interested in seeing them if I can pull it off? I plan on cutting the washer away from the casting and machining a brass washer and button with opposing rare earth magnets to give it a push button action.

I just love this thing.

I'd be interested in seeing that. And buying it as an upgrade kit from you!

Oh dear god...

I'm not even sure that I remember what I used for mine - and I did mine monochromatic like the original prop - so it's vitrtually impossible for me to recall how I did yours, Shawn. Because IIRC, you requested several different shades of silver to set off some of the various parts, yes?

I'm pretty sure that I used Testor's Model Master Buffing Metalizer (run through an airbrush). No idea which color - could have been stainless steel, could have been magnesium... I simply cannot remember. The pins and washers were Testor's brass (NON-buffing metalizer). I think the detail bits in the "greeblie window" were probably Tamiya silver or aluminum. I'm also pretty sure that I *did* use Testor's clearcoat for metalizer - generally clearcoats will kill the look of metallic paints, but since I knew that the piece would be handled I went ahead and used it, and it seemed to work out OK.

Sorry that I can't be of more help than that :unsure

Actually, that really helps knowing its Testor's. I can get close - thank you D48thRonin. The brass rods for the buttons arrived today and I expect the reamers to arrive tomorrow, so into the shop I go this weekend to see if I can crank out some active buttons.

Rex

Here are some pics of mine:

375791896.jpg

375788930.jpg

And here's a pic of one of the original props, taken by Frank Cerney:

OVER_cer.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back