Buck Rogers TV show pistol

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was sifting through a hard drive from my old laptop that died on me a little over a year ago and I just got to taking the drive out and accessing it. Found a picutre of a Buck Rogers prop and it struck me that they used the Match-o-Matic lighter for the base. Not sure why I hadn't noticed it before.

m51226BuckRogers_6-3z219.jpg

q35590GUNLITER1w219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 17 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1263370[/snapback]</div>
The valves and tubes on those Match-o-Matic guns were also used in the Logan's Run Sandman pistols.
[/b]

Ya know... I've read that and I've also read that they "tried to use them" but due to the valve not being strong enough they had to scratch build one. I did read that some replica builders bought up a bunch of the lighters from Ebay to make up DS gun replicas, even they mention having problems with the valves on the lighters.

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jun 18 2006, 04:32 AM) [snapback]1263450[/snapback]</div>
I wonder if the Propman for that show knew Fred Cramer? :lol
[/b]

it was a cast of the MOM lighter..

most had a bump added to the left side.

Wilma used it a few times and it is credited as hers but it was used a lot as a background gun by other actors. good guys and bad. :)

here is mine , i had though of making the Wilma gun from it but decided it would have more value original.

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>(Reaper57 @ Jun 18 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1263689[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jun 18 2006, 04:32 AM) [snapback]1263450[/snapback]
I wonder if the Propman for that show knew Fred Cramer? :lol
[/b]

it was a cast of the MOM lighter..

most had a bump added to the left side.

Wilma used it a few times and it is credited as hers but it was used a lot as a background gun by other actors. good guys and bad. :)

here is mine , i had though of making the Wilma gun from it but decided it would have more value original.

john :cool
[/b][/quote]

I've got three from Ebay and didn't pay more than $4 each. Heck, one I got for $1 and it cost more to send it. ;) Not sure how much "original" value they have as they come up quite often. I think there's 2 or 3 listed right now.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back