Buck Rogers Searcher Shuttlecraft finished

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Studio scale replica of the shuttlecraft used in season 2 of Buck Rogers. This is the ship used often by Buck, Wilma, etc. to go from the Searcher to planet surfaces. It was featured heavily in episodes like 'The Satyr' and 'The Crystals'.

As with the original miniature, this was another re-use of my mold of the Buck Ranger 3 (see previous post). For this one, the wings were shortened quite a bit, 'vertical stabilizers' were added to the wings, and the vertical tail was removed. The rainbow stripe is a tie-in to the other 25th century Earth ship on the show, the Starfighter.

Also like the original studio model, there is no interior and the solid windows are just painted black.

RPF1_1.jpg

RPF3_1.jpg

RPF2_1.jpg

More pics here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommydawn200...n2000/my_photos

Comments welcome.

Mark

Originally posted by Lord Abaddon@Nov 23 2005, 06:21 PM
Very nicely done Mark.  Did you use pastels for the weathering or just careful spraying?
[snapback]1121413[/snapback]​

Thanks.

Pastels for sure- I'm sold on that now. Even on big models, spray cans are hard to control.

Mark

Originally posted by Bradleyfett+Nov 23 2005, 01:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Nov 23 2005, 01:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord Abaddon
@Nov 23 2005, 06:21 PM
Very nicely done Mark.  Did you use pastels for the weathering or just careful spraying?

Thanks.

Pastels for sure- I'm sold on that now. Even on big models, spray cans are hard to control.

Mark
[snapback]1121416[/snapback]​
[/b]

I've never used them but will have to try. I really love the look they give.

Originally posted by Bradleyfett+Nov 23 2005, 11:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Nov 23 2005, 11:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord Abaddon
@Nov 23 2005, 06:21 PM

Thanks.

Mark
[snapback]1121416[/snapback]​
[/b]

I just can't get enough of this "Ranger 3" looking design,..gotta keep lookin at it. LOL.
For such a cheesy show (that I never missed an episode of..lol), BR 25th sure had great ship designs. This Shuttle looks like an awesome reproduction by Mark. If I am not on your list Mark,..please place me on it. LOL. I think I already am for your Ranger 3.
I have heard that a SS Thunderfighter and Draconian Marauder will be offered by someone soon. That will be nice as well. Further,.. Alfred Wong has mastered a 1/48 scale Warhawk from that show seen here:( http://www.alfredsmind.ca/warhawkpg.htm )and MIM will be offering it shortly here:( http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=8041 ).
As for this Shuttle ,..awesome work Mark... :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back