Buck Rogers Ranger 3 complete

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Continuing the recent Buck Rogers trend here at the RPF SSM area (thanks Dymerski and spcglider), I present:

Ranger 3, the last of America's deep space probes...

Cast from a copy of the studio model. Comments welcome.

RPF4.jpg

RPF1.jpg

RPF2.jpg

RPF3.jpg

Mark

Originally posted by SSRN Seaview@Nov 17 2005, 05:21 PM
Nice job on the weathering. Looks like it has room for a cockpit and a small Buck figure.
[snapback]1118031[/snapback]​

Yep- there actually is a full cockpit inside there including a frosty Buck figure:

RPF5.jpg

RPF6.jpg

And the weathering is actually a little on the light side- the original was dirtier.

Mark

Just to make the thread complete:

Far beyond the world I know
Far beyond my time

What kind of world am I going to find?
Will it be real or just all in my mind?

What am I, who am I, what will I be?
Where am I going and what will I see?

Far beyond this life of mine
Far beyond this time

What was there? Who cares to make it begin?
Is this forever or will it all end?

Searching my past for some truths to reveal
What thoughts are fantasy? What memory's real?

Buck Rogers Theme
Sung by Kip Lennon
Lyrics by Glen A Larson

Originally posted by Bradleyfett@Nov 17 2005, 01:52 PM
Gordon, Gordon, Gordon,

You are a man after my own heart.  Tell me the truth: you typed that from memory, right?

Mark
[snapback]1118077[/snapback]​

:lol

Mark, gorgeous job. Very cool ship and I love the Iced Buck.

Originally posted by Bradleyfett+Nov 17 2005, 03:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Nov 17 2005, 03:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dymerski
@Nov 17 2005, 03:37 PM
HOLLLLYYYY SMOKES ....
that looks killer... how bug is it? and where do I get one?
GREAT JOB..
Dean
[snapback]1117972[/snapback]​

Its about 17" long from front to back. Email me at mbradley3@cfl.rr.com

Mark
[snapback]1117974[/snapback]​
[/b]
E-mail sent

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com@Nov 17 2005, 06:43 PM
Just to make the thread complete:

Far beyond the world I know
Far beyond my time

What kind of world am I going to find?
Will it be real or just all in my mind?

What am I, who am I, what will I be?
Where am I going and what will I see?

Far beyond this life of mine
Far beyond  this time

What was there? Who cares to make it begin?
Is this forever or will it all end?

Searching my past for some truths to reveal
What thoughts are fantasy? What memory's real?

Buck Rogers Theme
Sung by Kip Lennon
Lyrics by Glen A Larson
[snapback]1118072[/snapback]​

I have the original Buck Rogers soundtrack on vinyl. Need to get it into my Dell DJ.

Originally posted by Galactifan@Nov 18 2005, 04:19 AM
AWESOME job...

Enjoy some music...
Buck Rogers "Suspension" Theme Song
[snapback]1118421[/snapback]​

Okay, obviously I got the lyrics mixed up, but yes... from memory.

I was so totally into BR when I was a kid. Wanted so badly to grow up to be Gil Gerard.

Met Gil at a show recently. He's not exactly the hunk he used to be, but he's sure a nice guy. It was a real treat getting to meet him. He had plenty of stories about the show. I bought a copy of the actual theatrical release movie on DVD from him. Autographed, of course. :)

In fact, for a while I was more into BR than I was into Galactica... of course, BR went for two seasons, two horribly long, completely insipid seasons. But heck, I was a kid in need of a space fix... Not to mention that Erin Gray was possibly the hottest tomato on TV. That didn't hurt at all.

Whats a guy to do when they stop showing reruns of Wonder Woman??

If I could ever manage to get myself back into shape (good luck there you middle -aged pumpkin.) I'd LOVE to do a sweet version of the standard Earth Defense Directorate pilot uniform (yes...the white one). But lemme tell ya, unless you want to look like an overstuffed sausage you'd better be TRIM. White spandex is as unforgiving as your mother-in-law.

Anyway, great model Mark.

-Gordon

I was the same- I into Buck much more than BSG when I was in middle school. The stories were just more fun for some reason.

Its only been recently that I have stopped shrugging off Buck as 'that cheesy show that had good spaceships'. Since seeing the show again on DVD, I have gained a new appreciation for not just the space-hardware, but for what Gil Gerard, Erin Grey, and even Thom Christopher brought to the show. For that matter, just about every regular character in the first season (Huer, Twiki, Ardall), etc.) was well cast, well played, and interesting to watch. I realize now that some of the cheese was intentional too.

Heck, I'd still rather watch 'Space Vampire' than 'Greetings from Earth' any day.

Mark

That is beautiful. Curious question tho' (not about THIS model, just the general model perse), if this ship is a deep space probe...Where the heck did Buck eat, potty, 'n sleep? Ain't much room in that cockpit for, well anything...

Originally posted by NEKROFANATIC@Nov 18 2005, 08:54 PM
That is beautiful. Curious question tho' (not about THIS model, just the general model perse), if this ship is a deep space probe...Where the heck did Buck eat, potty,  'n sleep? Ain't much room in that cockpit for, well anything...
[snapback]1118800[/snapback]​

Funny you should mention that- I have thought about that too. There is presumbably room just behind the cockpit- just enough for one person to exist for a period of time. Its a bit of a stretch, but you could cram all the neccessary stuff in there.

Mark

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back