Bubblegum Crisis - Priss

Ikariya

Hi all,

I wanted to show what I've been working on for the last 6-8 weeks (plus many years planning in my head). I've kind of been incommunicado on this forum recently due to the rush on the work.

ANYHOW - My girlfriend and I built the Bubblegum Crisis 2040 Priss hardsuit for the San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival Costume contest 2012. I was watching Azurial's thread, but decided to create my own pattern for the helmet, arms, and chest on the computer. It's been a dream come true to finish the suit and see it in action. Like all big dreams, it takes lots of hard work. We were pushed so close to the deadline that the costume was finished 6 hours before the event, meaning that she had put the whole thing on for the first time at the event. There was some minor damage which I hope to fix by our next event.

(photos stolen from friend facebook galleries)

45988228862736788547310.jpg

- favorite shot
52406228862723788548610.jpg

57578629782929362636010.jpg

- I didn't go for the accurate hinge on the visor. I think I made a good decision...
47307728862899455197710.jpg

- Standing next to our friends.
1335244898305u.jpg

- right red thing fell off =(
Design: Hand designed, Maya + pepakura computer design
Materials: Posterboard, thick picture framing board, foamies, vinyl sticker sheeting, 2 toy helper hands, a sunshade visor (for the lenses), 3 taplights, and various other doodads.:love

Very nice, I think this only the second time that I've seen a Bubblegum Crisis related costume, the first was a Boomer at AX some years ago. Your Priss suit looks pretty awesome, how was it walking in those crazy heels. The only thing I'd change on it would be to color some of the grey parts with a metallic silver or chrome, otherwise it's spot on.

I only made files for parts of the arm, helmet and chest. The rest is freehand. You still want them? I made them for myself so they may be a little incomprehensible.

Looks fantastic, great job!

You may need to reinforce the foam/cardobard in the legs, it seems to have crumpled a bit where the ankle bends.

awesome job. i wanted to build a hard suit. but have no female model for it. why cant their be a male version!

Thank you all for the kind words. It was a tough choice between BGC 2040 and 2032.
I have posted the rough PDO files I used to make parts of the costume. The helmet, I took the dome and the ear part and extrapolated the rest. The arm, I took some parts and made do with what the pattern was. The chest piece had to be scaled to fit.

Chest Piece
Arm pattern
Helmet pattern
Made in Maya, exported to Pepakura 3.

Enjoy~

Thank you all for the kind words. It was a tough choice between BGC 2040 and 2032.
I have posted the rough PDO files I used to make parts of the costume. The helmet, I took the dome and the ear part and extrapolated the rest. The arm, I took some parts and made do with what the pattern was. The chest piece had to be scaled to fit.

Chest Piece
Arm pattern
Helmet pattern
Made in Maya, exported to Pepakura 3.

Enjoy~

Thanks, but what ear and lower ear did u you use theres 4 to choose?

Thanks, but what ear and lower ear did u you use theres 4 to choose?

I'm not sure what you mean. I printed parts of the longer ear then improved it on paper; I didn't actually use the pattern it's more like a guide. The lower jaw and other cheek parts I did freehand, sorry. I didn't use the lower ear or the jaw part. The pattern is more for the crazy curves on the dome. I also really didn't like the small circle that came out of the temples on the dome, so I just omitted cutting them out to get that smooth look.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back