BTVS Slayer's Scythe now shipping!!!!!

allosaur176

Sr Member
Just a heads up for those who's interested, They are out now and have been shipping this week, and mine should arrive in a couple of days... I've been waiting for this for a long time now and finally glad its out.... I'll post pics and a review as soon as it arrives

I had originally purchased it from Alter Ego's, but they didn't receive thiers yet, so I picked up one from Ebay that was in hand and ready to ship, and was $30 cheaper in the long run....

Hmm...only on ebay does anyone have them "in stock". Even the Factory X website still says coming soon as does every other site that has them for pre-order still. Hopefully you weren't had by someone on ebay. I've really been looking forward to this so I do hope that it is actually out

I don't believe I've been had actually.. There are some members on another board who already receieved theirs and posted pics Forum

The ebay guy I bought mine from is a power seller who has a total of 7987 possitive feedbacks and only 17 negatives.. His rating is 99.7%

Well, thats fantastic news then. Guess I'm going to buy mine off of someone on ebay who has them in hand to ship. Thanks

It is odd though that none of the sites are updated to reflect this though. Especially the Factory X site, you would think they would post it up immediately when they started shipping. This is a pretty high demand item.

Originally posted by Plo Koon@Mar 1 2006, 01:56 PM
Well, thats fantastic news then. Guess I'm going to buy mine off of someone on ebay who has them in hand to ship. Thanks

It is odd though that none of the sites are updated to reflect this though. Especially the Factory X site, you would think they would post it up immediately when they started shipping. This is a pretty high demand item.
[snapback]1196495[/snapback]​

Actually, I'm not suprised.. I had both the Hessian Sword and Axe before the listed it as available on the Factory X site...... PM'd ya

I think I figured out what happened and why no sites have been updated, including Factory X. I found this tid bit of news from a little while back:

"After numerous delays, the highly anticipated Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer's Scythe is scheduled to ship within the next 30-45 days from Factory X, (now at LMTD by CAS). We have a limited number of pre-orders left on this amazing looking prop replica from one of the greatest TV shows in recent memory. Order yours today to ensure that your order is part of our initial shipment."

So, I guess Factory X isn't in charge of the Slayer's Sycthe anymore. On Limited's site they have they ready to ship: http://www.limitedbycas.com/

Well, they were like that before they changed hands, when they were owned by Palisades.. Alot of thier itmes were already in customer hands before they updated thier site......

Also, since LMTD CAS has owned Factory X, they did post about the Scythe being ready to ship by March 9th on thier site... I'm just glad that this item is finally out

What the heck is going on? So now Factory x is no longer owned by Palisades? I really hope palisades isnt' going anywhere, i love their stuff. I'm also really hoping that this new company will continue to make buffy props.
On another prop note, i've been waiting for Selen's throwing stars since comic-con 2003. Now that's what you call a delay.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 1 2006, 08:04 PM
What the heck is going on? So now Factory x is no longer owned by Palisades?  I really hope palisades isnt' going anywhere, i love their stuff.  I'm also really hoping that this new company will continue to make buffy props. 
On another prop note, i've been waiting for Selen's throwing stars since comic-con 2003.  Now that's what you call a delay.
[snapback]1196748[/snapback]​

Unfortunately my friend, Palisades is now extinct.. Whether or not we still see already announced items, thats anyone's guess.... I heard that LMTD has the rights to sell what has been made, but they would need new license agreements to continue all of Palisades/ Factory X's francise replicas

Originally posted by allosaur176@Mar 1 2006, 04:17 PM
I heard that LMTD has the rights to sell what has been made, but they would need new license agreements to continue all of Palisades/ Factory X's  francise replicas

I've been reading up on it today and I heard similar things. Make sense I guess. They are basically going to make good on what was announced and then if they decide to want to make anything new they would have to get new licences.

Also, I purchased my scythe today from an ebay seller as well and I can not wait to get it. I'm going to have to clear some wall space for a cool place to hang it :D

Originally posted by Plo Koon@Mar 1 2006, 08:46 PM

Also, I purchased my scythe today from an ebay seller as well and I can not wait to get it. I'm going to have to clear some wall space for a cool place to hang it  :D
[snapback]1196779[/snapback]​

I had kept a space open for it ever since it was announced :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back