BTTF3 reference pics needed for Docs model car and train

andy19422

Sr Member
Anyone have any good reference photos or info on Docs model delorean and train from BTTF 3? I have this photo that was posted here a while ago but it is missing the train carriage. I know the original was sold at auction but I can't find the details. The car looks like it is made from steel rather than wood. Can anyone identify any other parts? Any help would be gratefully received:cheers
trainpb.jpg

By andy19422 at 2012-01-22

I don't have any pics apart from this one.. I was actually looking at the Docs Train yesterday and was looking at what's been used etc, but decided to hard so will wait for a run.. LOL..

I think I have figured out the car, it's the train I'm having trouble with. After spending all morning on Google I think I've found the cylinder. I think it's from a Colt model 1885 percussion revolving rifle, the same rifle is used in 3:10 to Yuma by the Mexican sharpshooter Campos. Looking at the two pics it is slightly different but it's the only gun I can find with the narrow cylinder flutes and the prop guys may have used a copy and not a real cylinder. I haven't a clue where to start with the funnel, could be made up. Any model train collectors out there that recognise the train chassis? Can anyone blow up and photo shop grabs from the film for me?
86129152.jpg

By andy19422 at 2012-01-22

The small picture in your first post was made by me. I'd compiled the two models into one picture to show them together.

Here are the original pics from the auction catalog. The train carriage was no part of the auction. Maybe this prop is lost. But I've made a few HD screen shots for you. Good luck with your model. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

many thanks for the great pics, lots of great details. When I first saw the train picture I noticed only halve of the wooden turned piece on the front was there but now I see that it's been placed on the other side of the train.
I can now see that the funnel is made from a corn cob pipe, I knew all the years of watching the Antiques Roadshow would come in handy:lol. Any chance of grabbing a pic of the back of the car please. The car looks to be made from lots of different bits and probably fitted over a wooden core. I thought the cars wheels were made like the trains but it looks like they are double wheels to fit either side of the track.

Thanks again Roland. I've notice that the first two shots of the back end of the car are different, in the first one the shell cases are all flush with the top layer, the bottom two rows look like they go in to the body. In the second photo the bottom two layers stick out about 10mm and don't go into the body of the car. maybe there were two cars? I can see a spur mounted to the rear carriage to connect it to the train so that's another thing I have to track down. I'm not sure if the ceramic electrical insulators are real or made up.

... maybe there were two cars? ...

I think, there's just one car. If you take a closer look at the detail I've marked with arrows, it seems that the mounting of the shell cases is damaged (at the solder joint). Maybe they shot this scene after the scene, where the train and the car are falling to the blanket on the ground.

attachment.php

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back