BTTF2 - Marty's 2015 Jacket

as mentioned before we want to make these things wearable without falling apart like the screen used ones. So my idea I tried may not be the best idea. Just trying to figure out how the prop guys (or wardrobe) did it.

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Jan 18 2005, 08:58 AM
If anyone has info please PLEASE speak up

and, doing just that.

don't know where this project stands, but, i just got off the phone with a vendor that asked me if i'd like to buy a bttf2 jacket.

prototype is being worked on... i've provided them a link to the this site but, wouldn't mind putting creamedgeezer and david intouch with them directly if you guys are interested.

they even tossed some numbers at me on cost and it didn't seem too bad to me.

geezer/david.......... pm me if interested.

pat.

PM sent.

I am still convinced about the office light covers. use dark grey rubber using the light cover as the mold. and I have a feeling the orange is painted on. Once I get some more free time I am going to test this theory.

Originally posted by LZeitgeist@May 3 2005, 05:38 PM
I remain interested.
[snapback]979519[/snapback]​

after receiving multiple private messages... just to clarify guys...

i sent jeff all the information since he was the guy that started this research thread. i didn't want to just come in here and post the information from right under his feet.

i figured, i'd let him post and share the information with everyone else who has been putting info in here (i thought there would've been a post by this morning from him). my intent was for him/david to try and contact these guys (maybe even become a point of distribution on the board). i don't know how far the prototype is but figured, if it wasn't too close to being completed, the jacket might benefit from all the research done here... i don't know how movie accurate this vendor is aiming towards either, but, they are moving forward with making it and it's being made so it can be worn.

jeff... not sure at this point what your thoughts are regarding my pm to you or if you've taken any steps suggested above.

patrick.

hope this jacket comes through, bttf is one of my favorite movies of all time. i'm glad people are keeping this alive and trying to figure out a solution. keep up the good work

el bumpo.

If the company that is doing those hats is making the jacket, I'm guessing accuracy isn't their #1 concern. Still can't wait to see a completed piece though.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@May 3 2005, 06:16 PM
PM sent.

I am still convinced about the office light covers.  use dark grey rubber using the light cover as the mold.  and I have a feeling the orange is painted on.  Once I get some more free time I am going to test this theory.
[snapback]979300[/snapback]​

Hey JB, The one thing I do remember about the screen used jacket that we had on the set is that the cracked orange areas were orange all the way through. It didn't appear that the material had a surface coating or paint, but that the material was some kind of orange rubber. I'd get a pic of this if I could but I lost contact with Jim Latta years ago when everyone else did. I believe the jacket belonged to Roger Sides but I'm not certain. This was in 94 when I saw it so im sure it wasnt a reproduction either. I hope that info helps.

Josh

AH then maybe it is all orange rubber and then they put a black or grey paint through all the craks and rubb it off of the surface bumps.

pocketarea.jpg

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Jul 15 2005, 03:36 PM
bumptastic
[snapback]1033959[/snapback]​

Hey guys,

Now that I've finally moved and am settling in I can get back to this project.

Are we still interested in this jacket?
Is someone already doing it?

Should I start spending real coinage to get it going?

All I can say is that I'm prepared to invest in this ONLY if I'm convinced I can do it right.
If I feel that I cant get it pretty spot on then I wont want to proceed. Of course the usual 'tweaks' will more than likely need to be done to it for it to be a fully wearable jacket with no concerns of wear and tear...did the same thing with my Wolverine stuff so if you feel that worked then trust that I'll hold the same regard for this design as I have in the past with all others.

So....do we proceed?
You guys still potentially interested in this...pending final prototype pics for you to all see of course...:)

David

If I do the red/orange area on the jacket in leather...embossed with the proper colors...will you guys be cool with that?

I'm just about to give the ok on the computer program to start making the leather dyes and presses for the pattern so what do you think? Leather good/bad??

I havent been able to locate another suitable source for the pattern so you guys ok with leather if it looks like the jacket in the end? And I mean real close to the point of not knowing the difference.

This also means a long lasting piece that you dont have to worry about wearing or protecting from the elements any more than any other garment you normally wear.

David

If it looks accurate, I don't mind at all. It is a very strange red/orange, I hope you can match it. (ready to pay as soon as possible)

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Jul 19 2005, 03:48 AM
If it looks accurate, I don't mind at all. It is a very strange red/orange, I hope you can match it.  (ready to pay as soon as possible)
[snapback]1036313[/snapback]​

Cool...

Anyone else have a take on me substituting the rubber area with leather?

Yes the red orange is weird. Looks like a wild berry that used to grow in my backyard when I was a kid.

Also the fact that it's rubber means it absorbs or reflects light in a weird way. The greyish background also doesnt help to truly identify this red/orange but....like everything else...if I try really hard....chances are I can come up with something that you guys can critique in order for me to get it right.

David

David

I always thought it was a red-orange that looks a bit muted with gray

I'm really excited about this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back