BTTF Welcome to Hill Valley sign (tabletop scale)

ElectroDFW

Hey all,

Just wanted to show the desktop/shelf-sized "Welcome To Hill Valley" Town Square sign I made.
Some of the civic sign images could be found online, but others I had to try to get as close to the fonts, spacing, and designs as possible.
I based the sizing on the readily available craft wood circles and rectangles found at major hobby/craft stores, and tried to scale all other dimension to correspond with those.
Once I made the main sign, I had it printed out on cardstock and then mounted it in the picture frame.
Attached to the picture frame are various sizes/widths of PVC trim from the hardware store for the main structure, and have the loop side of sticky-back Velcro appied to their lengths
The civic signage were printed out on sticker stock, cut out, applied to the wooden shapes, the covered with self-adhesive laminate, and have strips of the hook side of the sticky-back Velcro applied to the backs.
The "WELCOME" lettering was also from the craft store, the closest they had that matched the scale. The letters are attached to an L-bracket with screws from below, and then the L-bracket was screwed into the frame from behind. (The letters still need to be painted/weathered, and I am still looking for pieces to finish capping the uprights)

model_welcome_bttf.jpg

Your Friend in Time,
ElectroDFW
aka Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay
aka David M.

I literally just finished watching BTTF and paused that sign to see the detail.........excellent work, brilliant reproduction, well done Sir;)............take a photo of it outside in short grass ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back