Limited Run BTTF Marty's Denim Jacket & Vest by Magnoli Clothiers (WHITE LABEL UPDATE)

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Now available for purchase here: McFly Denim Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers

------------------
ORIGINAL POST:
------------------

Some of you may have seen the hints in other threads: We are officially starting the much needed update for our McFly Denim Jacket & Vest, this time under our White Label line to keep costs down and production streamlined. Here are some notes about the plan:
  • We purchased an original 80s Guess jacket in the correct coloring and denim with some of the same details as the original jacket.
  • We also found an original 80s Class-5 vest in the correct color and material (with only the collar not the same).
  • We'll be completely drawing the "Hollywood" lining by hand to match the original as closely as possible.
  • We'll be using TheNickFox 's paisley lining for the rest
We'll post progress as we can to get feedback from all you fellow stitch-nazis! ;)

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli

Last edited:
I've always wondered why Guess has never made any sort of statements on the jacket. Surely something as popular as BTTF would warrant some acknowledgement of their product.

I've always wondered why Guess has never made any sort of statements on the jacket. Surely something as popular as BTTF would warrant some acknowledgement of their product.

I've got a feeling that all the people that work at Guess right now are high fashion / Devil Wears Prada type people.

Not really...If you guys have confirmed finished measurements for the jacket and vest that fit proportionately together, we could use those specs for our prototype.

Not really...If you guys have confirmed finished measurements for the jacket and vest that fit proportionately together, we could use those specs for our prototype.

Hmm. My best idea is to study the picture of the real Guess jacket that one member owns and posted. He said it was a size medium. Perhaps some measurements can be drawn from that.

Indy Magnoli, I completely forgot that I have the correct model of vest from Class-5. It's just a turquoise color. Would you want any pictures or other details? It's a size large. The insides of these vests are always a slightly brighter and slicker feeling material than the outside. The Headgoonie vest did that as well.

13147767_10206701806731859_2887869232086965651_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys could e-mail (or PM me) a set of measurements for each size, I can save these for folks who want to go with "off the rack" sizing. Thanks!

I'm currently working on internal artwork for the jacket lining as well as sourcing material for both jacket and vest. Once that is done, we'll start the actual pattern making.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back