BTTF Madrid Valterra Skateboard

JackTheRipper

Hi, everyone!
I just finished sanding my self made board.
Thanks to the forums here I already found the decals for the top of the skateboard deck, but I can’t find the so called vector files for the bottom.
Maybe anyone can help?
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Here are some photos of my progress...
67B650B4-21BE-4125-A1E3-3C112490F1EF.jpeg
4961E4E7-99CB-467A-BF76-D210E919CC08.jpeg
F7C5F583-1233-4921-B572-C4364C1720E1.jpeg
020D1BE1-D501-426B-ACBF-BB748D3EE9A5.jpeg
EDD90FAE-E8F0-4CCB-910B-2EE4CCFACC87.jpeg
EB019126-739E-4E4F-ADF4-3846708C0C8F.jpeg
CCB13861-FB0A-4E66-8D95-BF2D2061446F.jpeg
556D028E-86CF-4330-81B2-A689B5241496.jpeg

Looks great - nice work! I'm curious how you bent the plywood. Just pressure - or something else (heat, humidity, ...?)
It was try and error, but it’s as simple as that:
You have to take 3mm plywood, paste wood glue on it, apply the next 3mm plywood and press it into shape. More like 2x 3mm won’t work, it’s too stiff.
Do it like that until you have 12mm, it will stay in shape.

It was try and error, but it’s as simple as that:
You have to take 3mm plywood, paste wood glue on it, apply the next 3mm plywood and press it into shape. More like 2x 3mm won’t work, it’s too stiff.
Do it like that until you have 12mm, it will stay in shape.
Good idea. It's some work - but really worth the effect. Now that you mention it, I can see the various layers of 3mm plywood in your 2nd image.
A few months ago, I built a Hoverboard for which I glued two pieces of wood, cut at 22 degrees, to get that effect: (see this link).
But your solution is nicer.

Good idea. It's some work - but really worth the effect. Now that you mention it, I can see the various layers of 3mm plywood in your 2nd image.
A few months ago, I built a Hoverboard for which I glued two pieces of wood, cut at 22 degrees, to get that effect: (see this link).
But your solution is nicer.
Das sieht verdammt gut aus!! Vor allem die Ladestation ist mal ein genialer Einfall.
Wenn ich es zeitlich irgendwie hinbekomme, erlaube ich mir, die Idee zu kopieren

Das sieht verdammt gut aus!! Vor allem die Ladestation ist mal ein genialer Einfall.
Wenn ich es zeitlich irgendwie hinbekomme, erlaube ich mir, die Idee zu kopieren
Danke!
It was not an entirely original idea, but inspired by this image that I found somewhere on the web
Hoverboard-charger.jpg

You’re right.
I‘m not happy with the first paint, anyway.
So I‘ll mount the trucks with the riser pads to find out where the wells have to be, and making them by using my Dremel.
Pics are following!

@Markus:The laser cutted pieces are most impressive

I still hope that someone can help me with the bottom vector file!
Otherwise I have to paint the splashes, which I really don’t want to

Have you searched through the "Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion" thread on here? There's mention of a vector file (but I couldn't find it).

Have you searched through the "Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion" thread on here? There's mention of a vector file (but I couldn't find it).

Yes, this thread even brought me to this forum. I found it on Google.
You‘re right, I‘ll write one of those guys in a pm. It’s the only thing I’m still missing to finish my project... and I would really hate it painting the splashes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back